cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Roles by Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to search for roles based on Company codes.

The role naming convention adopted is "ZD_(business process)_(company code)_(sub process)_free text"

I also defined custom field "Company Code" in Configuration, and pointed it to SAP T001 (BUKRS) as a dropdown list.

I've downloaded the roles from SAP, and did the mass role import steps (bulk info file, attribute file, org level file)

An extract of how my org level file looks like "|" denotes a Tab:

Role Name | Orgnization level | Value From | Value To

ZD_AA_B222_ANALYST | BUKRS | B222 |

In ERM, when I click on 'Role Management -> Roles -> Search', I selected the dropdown and see the list of Company codes as defined in SAP. However, when I clicked Search, it returns no records found.

However, when I clicked on 'Organizational Level', and select 'Company Code (BUKRS)', and then click on the 'Organizational Values From "?" ' , I could not find any company codes at all. However, I manually input a company code which i know exists (for e.g. B123), and then clicked search, this time, it returns me all roles which has B123 company code in it.

It seems that the 'Company Code' field is not being used at all, instead, I have to fall back on the Organizational Level field, and manually insert the company code which I want to search by?

This seems to affect CUP, as users would not be able to search for roles based on Company Codes and CUP does not have the option of 'Organization level' that it can fall back on.

I would like to know if anyone has encountered such a situation and what did you do to resolve this.

Appreciate your in-sights on this!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opened an OSS message to SAP on this. Pending their investigation, will post here with results.