cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Determination in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per my scenerio, I need to mention the following condition in the Interface Determination:

If PO = string1

then call BAPI 1.

ElseIf PO = String 2 or string 3 AND PO-Field1 = Some Value

Then Call BAPI 2

ElseIf PO-Some Field = No value

Then Call BAPI 3.

EndIF.

EndIF.

Now My questions are

1.How can I mention the IF .. ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF conditions in the Interface DEtermination.

2.How can I call BAPIs in the Interface Determination?

3.Can I mention the statement for the IF ... ELSEIF..ELSE in the "Left Operand" section of the Interface Determination?If yes , then where can I mention the CALL BAPI statement?

4.Do I need to mention the String in the quotes or not?

5.There are only AND/OR options inthe Interface Determination.How can I use them for IF...ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF.. conditions?

Also I have another query about JAVA Errors.

I need to capture the JAVA errorss from the JAVA stack and pass them to ABAP stack .How can I do it?Can I use Alert Framework.If so then how?Is there any alternative for it?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1.How can I mention the IF .. ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF conditions in the Interface DEtermination.

ELSEIF can be applied by using OR in the condition editor of Interface Determination. For more reference refer how the first condition is specified in this blog by Shabz.....specification should be same for Interface Determination also:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

2.How can I call BAPIs in the Interface Determination?

In the Inbound Message Interface section give the BAPI/ SI name which you want to call when a particular condition is satisfied.

3.Can I mention the statement for the IF ... ELSEIF..ELSE in the "Left Operand" section of the Interface Determination?If 
yes , then where can I mention the CALL BAPI statement?

Yes Condition to be mentioned in the Left Operand. Make an entry for the BAPI (SI) as mentioned in reply for (2).....this is the way you make a call to the BAPI or anyother interface.

4.Do I need to mention the String in the quotes or not?

Only constant values are to be mentioned in double-quotes...all other values are to be mentioned directly.....do not use qoutes when you put value in the Right Operand.

5.There are only AND/OR options inthe Interface Determination.How can I use them for IF...ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF.. 
conditions?

You should be using OR to specify your condition....alternately you can refer the above mentioned blog.

I need to capture the JAVA errorss from the JAVA stack and pass them to ABAP stack .How can I do it?Can I use Alert 
Framework.If so then how?Is there any alternative for it?

I suppose you want to capture Integration Engine or Adapter Engine Alerts. This can be achieved by creating an Alert Category in tcode ALRTCATDEF and then creating an Alert Rule in Alert Configuration in RWB.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Firstly ,thanks for the reply.

I need the mention Data type,Message Type,Inbound Message Interfaces as I am using RFCS as the Inbound Interface.Am I right?

Also,I need to import the BAPIs which I am using with the help of " Imported Objects" in the PI 7.1.Is it?

After doing so do I need to create the Inbound Interfaces explicitely or I can skip it and can mention the names of the 3 Inbound Intefaces whenever they are reuired as I have to import them from SAP.Is it?

Thanks in advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I need the mention Data type,Message Type,Inbound Message Interfaces as I am using RFCS as the Inbound Interface.Am I right?

When you are using RFC/ IDOC/ BAPI in the sender/ receiver, then you need not create a Data type or Message Type. The RFC/ IDOC/ BAPI can be directly used in the Service Interface.

Can you tell what your source is? I suppose it is a File...if yes you should have Data Type and Message Type only for the source side communication.

Also,I need to import the BAPIs which I am using with the help of " Imported Objects" in the PI 7.1.Is it?

yes, you are on the right track. The BAPI should be imported from the SAP system to which you want to connect to.

After doing so do I need to create the Inbound Interfaces explicitely or I can skip it and can mention the names of the 3 
Inbound Intefaces whenever they are reuired as I have to import them from SAP.Is it?

Never tried this practically....but heard that creation of Service Interface (in this case) can be skipped. However to maintain the standard procedure it would be recommended to create a Service Interface.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

Can I mention the IF condition in the Left Operand section of the Interface Determination section in the one column and can call BAPI in the immediately second column?

Also,can I use AND/OR Operators for the IF...ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF conditions?If so, then which operators can be used for the relevant IF..ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF conditions?

Thanks in advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can I mention the IF condition in the Left Operand section of the Interface Determination section in the one column and can 
call BAPI in the immediately second column?

you do not need to do anything specifically to have a IF statement. The Condition itself is in refernce to IF.

Suppose you specify the condition like MT_Source/Node1/ Name = "Abhishek" in the condition editor then it is actually read as:

IF the value contained in the node MT_Source/Node1/ Name is Abhishek then execute the line

BAPI cannot be called in the Condition Editor. The relevant BAPI to be called should be included in the Third Column in the Interface Determination (the one besides the Operation Mapping column).

Also,can I use AND/OR Operators for the IF...ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF conditions?If so, then which operators can be used 
for the relevant IF..ELSEIF...ELSE...ENDIF conditions?

OR operator can be used.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to mention 3 BAPIS which will be called conditionally.I want to Impose the conditions on different nodes in the XPATH.

So ,

1.Can I mention the conditions one after another in the "Left Operand" section of the Condition Editor?

2.Also,Can I mention all the 3 BAPIS in the Third column besides Operatiuon Mapping column in the Sequence they will be called or altering the sequence?

Thanks in Advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1.Can I mention the conditions one after another in the "Left Operand" section of the Condition Editor?

The receiver BAPI names should be included under the Inbound Service Interface column beside the Operation Mapping column in Interface Determination.

The Left Operand will only have the source structure node (which i suppose is a file in your case).

2.Also,Can I mention all the 3 BAPIS in the Third column besides Operatiuon Mapping column in the Sequence they will be 
called or altering the sequence?

The BAPI will be called as the entry exists in the Interface Determination....to maintain the sequence check the option Maintain Order At Runtime present in the Interface Determination.

Regards,

Abhishek.