cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Do we have anyone here who has done Business Process Validation in SAP SD and also assisted SQA team to assist them in validating process design documents.

The objective is to verify that requirements no matter functional or technical are completely covered and the process document supports complete solution and validate that process document supports software test plan.

Please share your experience or share with me how would you handle this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

business scenarios (including key things to be touched - like business areas, company codes, doc types, interfaces, etc. Then build test cases using elements from the list -- pulling in multiple items from the list where it make sense). Not every test would necessarily include all the same elements. Each test case would be assigned a number or code -- and that wold be tracked on the basic business scenario list. Also found it valuable to include business users in development of theese test docs wherever possible.

Apart from that, the testing are at different level, such as Unit Testing - which will test only the functionality of particular process say creating PO. All errors may not come into knowledge at this point. Integration testing - which will test the entire process along with inegration within SAP and with interfaces. Here there are chances that additional problem area are identified and required to be fixed.

The process followed by me for testing Business Scenario for Order to Cash Cycle is demonstrated below"

Initial Testing will be as under:

1. Create Stock artificially (in test server / sand box only)

2. Create Sales Order

--> Here the common expected error would be as under:

a. Sales Order Type not assigned to Sales area

b. Pricing Procedure assignment not done.

c. Pricing Condition record not maintained

d. Material not maintained or extended to relevant combination

On successful creation of Sales Order, next step would be to create Delivery.

3. Create Delivery and PGI

I will test this scenario in multiple manner

a. Create Delivery from Sales Order

b. Create Delivery through Transaction Code VL01N

c. Create Delivery through Transaction Code VL10C

--> Here the common expected error is copy control setting not maintained, defalult Delivery type not maintained accurately in sales Order Type, etc.

On successful creation creation of Delivery, assuing Picking is done appropriately, doing PGI.

Here the challenge is the Account determination setting reguires to be completed, without which in most cases, it will not allow to do PGI.

4. Create Billing

I will test this scenario in multiple manner

a. Create Billing through VF01

b. Create Billing through Transaction Code VF04

Here the challenge is the Account determination may not be complete and Billing Document is saved without creating accounting document.

In Integration Testing:

1. Assure that material stock is availble in unrestricted stock through MM/PP.

2. Creating Sales Order smoothly

3. Creating Delivery, picking and PGI smmothly.

4. Create Billing smoothly with creation of accurate accounting document

Troubleshooting the errors encountered.

Here the objective is that the process should execute seamlessly.

similar exercise is done for other processes like Stock Transfer, Third Party & so on........

Thanks

Mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh can you message me Removed by Moderator

Asking any informations to personal mail id is against the Forum rules. Please dont deviate

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Aug 18, 2009 9:13 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you inz(s)ane ?

This type of problem is not going to be solved, for free, here on sdn. If you do not have a clue, or your project team can not manage this appropriatley, then do the needful and spend the money on someone who can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moose I appreciate it. you have answered my question.

Thanks