Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent putaway for same material different batch in to same SU

former_member1317947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following request.

When the warehouse perform a putaway they want the system to prevent them from putting the same material different batch in to a SU where the same material already exists.

At present the system just see's that there is available space and suggests putaway.

We are using HUM which is SU in WM

Is this possible and if so how.

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Staurt,

If you dont activate mixed storage indicator or Allow addition to stock strategy at storage type level, then there is no way the material with different batch will be stored in the same bin. Since batch management is activated in your case , It normally goes to different bin than to existing bin of the same material . For your information batch management takes priority over the strategies you define during search for the putaway or picking . I do not think you need to use User exit for this.

Regards,

Jothiswaran.

former_member1317947
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Would User Exit MWMTO003 be used to define a strategy such as this???

thanks

Stuart

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pear

Using standard functionality of SAP you won't be able to achive the required output. As correctly pointed by you, you need to write the custom code in the user exit MWMTO003

Also find below the link where you can find list of all the User exit available in SAP

http://www.easymarketplace.de/userexit.php

Regards

Manish

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart

My suggestion is go for put away strategy "L" - next empty bin" for the storage type

Upon arrival of new SU / Pallet system will always suggest the next available empty storage bin

Regards

Manish

former_member1317947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

They don'y want the system to propose a new bin for every putaway as a storage bin may hold 20 storage units. They need to prevent same material different batch from being put in to the same bin. I am not sure if this is possible or if there is a user exit that can be activated.

Thanks

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I hope you may be using the Addition to existing stock putaway strategy for your storage type. Check the following link to control the same by using capacity check @ Storage type level.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f845604afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Else you have to change your putaway strategy assigned to your Storage type to Next empty bin.

Hope its clear.

Thanks & Regards,