Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On Removal/Downgrade - PI_BASIS in CRM 5.0 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following is an issue I am trying get brainstormed:

1. There was an error in the system

2. Proposed solution was to upgrade PI_BASIS component from 2005_1_700 patch level 9 to 2006_1_700 patch level 9

3. PI_BASIS was upgraded upto 2006_1_700 patch level 8

4. Patch level 9 would trigger many other activities of fullfilling pre-reqs and upgrading other components, so PI_BASIS wasn't brought upto Patch level 9

5. Now, the proposed solution changed to apply a correction transport attached with a Note instead because Patch Level 9 wasn't possible.

6. Now, having upgraded PI_BASIS to 2006 version with Patch Level 8 already added many additional activities in a Live environment and they have to be avoided

7. Solution being downgrade PI_BASIS from 2006 version to original 2005 version

8. In order to carry out the above change, either delete 2006 version from the system and install 2005 version OR perform a downgrade directly from 2006_1_700 patch level 8 to 2005_1_700 patch level 9

The Questions:

1. Is #8 above possible at all?

2. Does anyone know how to perform either of the 'Remove an Add-On' and/or 'Downgrade an Add-On'?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and support.

Regards,

Shival

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is above possible at all?

Simple answer, No.

2. Does anyone know how to perform either of the 'Remove an Add-On' and/or 'Downgrade an Add-On'?

As far as I know is not possible... you'll have to restore from backup.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Juan. DB Backups weren't available to restore, so wanted to know if any such procedure or SAP supported work-around exists.

I appreciate the response.

Regards,

Shival

Answers (0)