cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Object Link at Maintenence Order and Service order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We had a requirement for maintaining DMS Object at Service order and maintenence order level, as Standard DMS does not provide any Standard Object link at Order level, we went for development and following the Standard procedure i could bring the Order Tab in CV01N Object Links, and also i could search the relavent maintenence order and maintain documents relevant to it,

But the biggest problem now is i could not create DIR from the Maintenence or service order screen IW31, and the document i have placed at the order is not visible in the order screen at all,

i know it is some sort of enhancement in the Order screen to allow DMS Documents to appear in the Order screen to provide this funtionality.

let me pls know what exactly has to be done, as there is no config at the order level to get the DMS Screen, as DMS is not a standard object at the order level.

one approch as suggested is modifiying the Order screen or using Screen Exit Enhancement for Order but not sure which one to use or how to move ahead,

Thanks n Regards

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

please see the SAP note 332046 which explains how a subscreen with the linked document info records could be added to specific notification types.

You will find the customizing under

Cross-Application Components > Notifications > Overview of Notification Type > Select the required notification type > Screen Structure for Extended View: Choose table tab index on which screen 092 'DMS links' should appear and then assign screen 092 'DMS links' to one of the screen areas.

This note should help to achieve the desired behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf

Many Thanks for your answer,

i went through the said SAP Note, but it only speaks about the notifications level, where SAP itself has provided the standard DMS Object links, and iam in latest ECC-6 version where this note is taken care of i think,

iam looking for creating DMS Document (DIR) from the maintenence Order IW31 transaction screen, and have developed new Object link for Maintenence order,

but the main problem is, iam not able to create DIR from the IW31 Screen directly as Maintennce order is not a standard SAP Object,

please let me know how to get the list of documents that i have attached to a maintenence order to appear in the IW32 maintenence order screen, and also we need to create the documents (DIR) directly from IW31 / 32 screens.

Thanks and Regards,

PriyaS

Edited by: Priya S on Aug 19, 2009 1:50 AM

Edited by: Priya S on Aug 20, 2009 1:54 AM

Edited by: Priya S on Aug 24, 2009 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solve this? Was it possible to get the list of documents that you created from the DMS system in the notification?

I have the same problem but for the Task list and work order. The solution should be something similar.

Best regards,

Kristoffer Pehrson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kristoffer,

I am not sure if the document can be seen at the header level of the order but you can attach documents as PRTs on the operations of task lists and orders.

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thanks for your answers,

But the problem with this is we cannot directly create a DIR from the Order screen at the PRT or at operation level, to maintain any Document as PRT we should have already Created a DIR through DMS transactions,

another drawback is we cannot get a report of the List of documents that are maintained for a Particular order or a Operation.

thanks and Regards

Priya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Did you ever achieve this, as I have the same requirement.

Regards

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have same requirement to link DMS documents to Service orders.  If anyone has achieved this development then please share.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Is your query is resolved, can you please share how could i achieve this ,because i also have a same requirement.

Regards,

Aniruddha