Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see a mapped network drive when saving file from SAP

former_member810660
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i have a mapped network drive on my system, but i am not able to see the drive when i was trying to save a file from any sap transaction. I have mapped the drive, and able to see in my system and able to go in the drive also.

Please give your suggestions on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Poorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP uses <sid>adm user to access files at OS level (at times in case of windows SAPService<SID>) did you check if the user <sid>adm has access to the remote server or not, if its not there you will not be able to access the share remotely. Ask your basis team to check this possibility and add the required user access at OS level and then try.

Let us know if this resolves your issue, if it doesn't, if something else resolves it please do keep us updated how it was resolved .

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting the same issue, but in my case only one user is facing this problem, what could be the problems, i have checked all the above metioned options

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can save the file in the drive by giving giivng the Path like //hostname/filelocation.......

this can be given at the time when you get the option to save the file.You should have the access for the server also where the sap is running..

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member810660
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

i am not able to see the drive when using option as save as file from sap transaction. But i am having access to the drive. and its visible in MY COMPUTER. how should i make it visible, when i am using save as local file option.

is there anything i have to do in sap or in drive properties options. to make it visible when i am using this option. or we can not save the file onto a mapped drive. I heard something about mount points on the network drive. anything to do with this. Please suggest me.

One more thing, this issue comes under which group. actually i am a functional consultant. Basis forwarded this to us. Which team will handle this question. Thanks for your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Poorna.