cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema Transport error in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to export a repository schema in MDM 7.1 from a repository that I previously updated from 5.5.

After updating all maps, I now receive the error message "Cannot complete the operation due to problems in the repository. See the server log for more information". Sadly, I don't find any information in the server logs.

Can anybody please tell me what I need to do so that I can export the schema?

Thanks

Christiane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

errors should be reported in the MDS_LOG. Check in the 7.1 Console the Logs entry in the main menu. During update of the SAP Standard Repositories, we faced similar issues. Possible causes are:

1. Missing/incomplete updates of Import Maps. Connect to your repository with Import Manager to update all maps.

2. Missing/incomplete updates of Syndication Maps. Connect to your repository with Syndicator to update all maps.

3. Issues in the translation of tables and fields. Some tables and fields had identical strings. This is now checked in 7.1. You should find the affected values in the log. If your repository is based on one of the standard repositories, please check the related SAP note for the correct strings.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your answers. I had already updated all maps and executed verify check & repair.

I now found the error message in the log, as Michael pointed out, the server log claiming a "multi-lingual collision" which probably is the string issue you mentioned. But I could not find a mention of which tables and fields are concerned in the log file.

Does this mean that in 7.1 all names and codes must be unique within the whole repository and not just within a certain table? Because the standard display field that is always created and called "name" would then prevent me from exporting the schema, if I understand correctly. Uniqueness of field names / codes within one table if a given, of course.

Thanks

Christiane

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

yes, this is exactly the issue I'm talking about. Which MDM 7.1 version do you use? The latest version mentions the affected tables/fields in the Message column (sometimes you need to resize the table grid to see the full information!). The error message looks like

> Aborting Transport Operation. Repository Failed Integrity Check. Object = Field MDM_MATERIAL_VALUATION:MDM_VALUATION_TYPE

Regarding uniques of codes and names you have to differentiate between tables and fields.

First the tables:

- Codes have to be unique. You may not have two tables sharing the same code.

- Names have to be unique for a specific language. You may not have two tables having the same English name. You may have a table that has the same name given for the English and German language.

Second the fields:

- Codes have to be unique for all fields within a table. You may not have two fields in a single table sharing the same code. It is OK to use the same code for two fields if the fields belong to different tables.

- Names have to be unique for a specific language within a single table. You may not have two fields in a single table having the same English name. You may have a field in a single table that has the same name given for the English and German language. It is OK to use the same names for fields as long as the fields belong to different tables.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Michael, that was the solution!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prerequisites for Exporting Schema:

1. All import maps to be updated.Automatically/Manually

2. All export maps updated: By clicking on each map, unmapping and then again mapping afield of the map and then saving it. Repeat for all the SYN maps. Make sure all the maps are updated.

3. Repair the repository after that by going on Verify>Repair.

4. Then export the schema.

This should work.

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

You should run a verify->check on the repository to see if there are any errors in it. If there are, run the verify->repair and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps,

Idan