cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in the VAT number for the Customer,should be updated in VBRK-VAT num

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Due to a business requirement we change the VAT number of customers for the European countries.

So when we change the VAT number in the Customer master data, we want the VAT number should change in the Billing document header for the Billing document which were created before the change.

And so how can we ensure that the Billing document header gets updated with the changed VAT Reg.Number for the existing Billing documents.

The intention is to ensure that when we Print an already existing invoice,the new changed VAT number should appear in the invoice output.

Please suggest.

Montee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The new VAT can be printed on the invoice if yo u re-trigger the outpt .

Goto the change mode of the billing docment and in the Header outpt repeat the output and the save the docment.

now check the print perview, the updated value of vat will be printed on the invoice.

please revert if needed more details.

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Actually I am able to print the invoices, but the Old VAT number is appearing on it.

I had created sales order and Billing on 2nd August, and the VAT number was changed in the Customer master on 7th August.

And on 7th August if I reprint the invoices created on 2nd August the Old VAT number is picked up.

Actually the VAT number in VBRK-Billing header is not getting updated with the changes done in the VAT number in Customer Master.And in the smart form-Output the VAT number is picked from the VBRK-Billing header

Please suggest if the changed VAT number in a Customer should get updated for the past Billing Documents.

Is this a standard SAP behaviour, are there any ways we can make this possible.

Thanks Montee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Montee

There are two ways to implement the same:

1) Manually change the VAT data in billing header, by using MASS tcode.

2) Small change in print program. Change the logic for fetching VAT reg. number. Instead of VBRK let program fetch it from KNA1-STCEG table for that customer. This one is the permanent solution for future also.

I would prefer second one.

try and revert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member246371
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to T Code: VF31 and give the billing document number that you want to print again with the changed VAT number,

Let me know if this helps you,

Thanks,

CN