cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Note dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I implemented an oss note in SNOTE transaction. when i tried to implement the note, the system prompted for a prerequisite note.

well i downloaded the prerequisite note but however the prerequisite note downloaded showed that it cannot be implemented on my system.

even though the prerequisite note is not implemented, when i tried to run the primary note it was now implemented successfully.

can anyone tell me what is the reason fro this behaviour.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you tell me the note number so thet i can explain you the situation more accurately.

It may be the case the prequist will not be valid for your system (would be valid for the version lower than your system patch level)

The current note would be valid fo you system support apcklevel

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

i tried to implement SAP Note 424139 ( Cross-Year settlement). on adding the note in SNOTE transaction the system showed that the note can be implemented. when i tried to execute(implement), the system prompted for another note as the pre-requisite for it. The note was 309113. I downloaded the Note but on downloading it was found that the note cannot be implemented.

But now when i tried implementing the note 424139........ the note was successfully implemented this time. Can you tell me, although the pre-requisite note was not implemented, still i was able to implement the note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please find the explanation below.

Note 309113 - A settlement reversal posts double values in FI can only be implemented in those system in which SAP Appl is of version 45B to 46C

Note 0000424139 - Cross-year settlement can be implemented for those system in which SAP Appl is of version 46B,46C,470,500,600,602,603,604,605 so i think you have the SAP Appl version Above or at 500.So the first Prequist was not ful filled ad you are above that version so the Note 0000424139 was valid for your system and was implemented.

thanks

Rishi Abrol