cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master inspection characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement where my user wants to enter the Date of manufacture in the inspection lot, so we have decided to use master inspection characteristic with a date format.

I tried using the qualitative rather quantitative, it was asking for the selected sets, which we dont want to use.

I also tried using by assigning the class characteristic to the master inspection characteristic , it didnt work.

Only characteristics with data type character and numeric are accepted to assign to the Master inspection characteristics and if i use the remaining like date format i was getting an error.

Please suggest what master inspection characteristic to be used, so that user can enter the date in the results recording screen.

Thanks in advance,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>I have a requirement where my user wants to enter the Date of manufacture in the inspection lot, so we have decided to use master inspection characteristic with a date format.

>

> Please suggest what master inspection characteristic to be used, so that user can enter the date in the results recording screen.

>

> .

If this is the case then use MIC as qualitative, here add selected set as Pass/ Fail or Yes/ No as per req. Now

Now in control indicator select "Docu. required". If you do this then every time when you do RR system will give one pop-up to add short text with name insp description. Train to user to add date here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I see an Pop up window coming up on the screen for the short text. I believe rather entering the date in the short text in the new window we can also enter date in the inspection description field, which is one and the same. Problem i am getting here is automatic valuation is not happening after entering the data in the results recording screen. I have used Manual valuation as a valuation mode in the sampling procedure.

Please suggest what valuation mode should i use to have a automatic valuation in the results recording screen.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Edited by: quantum on Aug 17, 2009 2:10 PM

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Please suggest what valuation mode should i use to have a automatic valuation in the results recording screen.

>

In SP select valuation mode as - "Attributive inspection nonconf. units".

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Even this valuation mode is not working. I need valuation should be done automatically, once we press enter on the results recording screen. I checked user settings everything is fine there and i feel the problem is coming from the sampling procedure, Currently using "attributive inspection nonconf units", but still it is not valuating automatically.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Quantum,

There is solution for this.

1. Use MIC with fixed scope.

2. Use sampling procedure with valuation mode as 100- attributive inspection non confirming units

3. You need to do plant level customization for result recording. Follow this path

SPRO>QM> Basic Setting >setting at Plant Level > Plant> Result Recording > Recording Configuration > Automatic Close.

4. Now try to RR in QA32.

5. What happens is, as soon as you finish RR for last reading, that MIC gets closed automatically.

Get back if you face any problems,

Best regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

THe material is batch managed?

If it is then no need create any MIC

Thanks

Sami

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you selected "Automatic close" at SPRO --> QM --> Maintain Settings at Plant Level --> Select plant & details --> Result recording tab --> Recording configuration.

Or let us know what setting you have selected for this configuration key at SPRO --> QM --> Quality Inspection --> Results Recording --> Define Recording Configuration

Thanks!!!

Answers (0)