cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose printer during WO printing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our system when someone chooses print from WO, system sends it directly to the default Windows printer without possibility of choice from other printers installed in Windows.

Is it possible to enable SAP prompting to choose particular Printer at the beginning of WO's printing?

Thanks in advance for valuable answers.

BR:

Lukasz Kurlit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have network printers on your SAP system? If so, choose the printer from the list in your user settings and save that as your default printer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The point is to sent printout to PDF Creator which is virtual printer installed locally on user workstation. So we cannot choose it from network printers.

BR:

Lukasz

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you specify which T code you are using for printing WO .ALso the printer gets defualted from customization and user settings

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thyagarajan,

I'm using IW32 for WO printing. I choose "Order->Print->Order" from Main menu.

Regarding customization and user settings:

1. In transaction SU3 no output device is added

2. In transaction OID3 output device for Work Orders is set to "LOCL". I have tried to delete it but after that i wasn't able to print at all.

Please advice me where else can be the settings responsible for that SAP always sends printout to default Windows printer without possibility to choose particular printer.

Kind regards:

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

while using "Print" icon in iw32 system prints directly to the default printer.

Use the menu Order > Print > Order then system pops up "select shop paper" window. you can select the output device (printer) by using the dropdown list (F4).

You can alos use IW3D to PRINT.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi phoenixcfa,

Thanks for answer but I was thinking rather about such printer chooser window like in Windows system to select one of printers installed on user workstation.

Anyway, is it possible to use PDFCreator (virtual) printer by selecting from list in SAP? I didn't find it. Any advice how to redirect WO's printout to PDFCreator instead of changing default printer in Windows to tPDFCreator?

Kind regards:

Lukasz