cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is posible to change the location type in APO for a location once it has been transferred to APO??

I need to convert a plant to distribution center, with the same code or name.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fernando,

Officially it is not allowed to change the type of an existing location in an APO system. The reason is that the consequences for the planning functions cannot be estimated.

So the the best way to change a location type is to delete the correponding location in APO and to create it again afterwards (or transfer it from R/3 to APO) with the correct type.

If it is not possible to delete the location in APO the location type can be changed with report /sapapo/check_location_type Prerequisites:

1.The customer doesnot use MRP

2.If orders in the location exist the new or the old location type must not be (1010) (customer)

I advice to do it in the test systems since test systems are not so critical; but there should be no orders in the location.

Regards,

Tibor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The node type assgined the ECC location I am trying to CIF is DC.. I would assume DC should come as LOCTYPE 1002 but it has come as 1001 - Prod plant. This is a second time CIF of the same Plant. The first time the default was Production Plant 1001 type.

Now I need to change the LOC TYPE and did come across warnings that I was ready to take as this is a new location is a test system. and went to /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE.. but it says location not found.

A while ago I was in table LOCMAP and deleted the LOCID and ran some consistency check programs.

Now could you advise what steps need I take to delete this location and all its associated objects (there arent any that I can see or think of) but just wondering.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cordero,

Location type got ciffed alongwith location with an assignment.

Hence it cannot be changed under the same location code and

it cannot be created same location code.

You may need to change in R/3 and then transfer it.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.