Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Role to Access SAP ERP

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created my own portal iviews and pages by using Visual composer. It creates a sales order in SAP ERP system.

When I execute it in the portal with Super Admin rights everything works fine. Perfect.

But when I assign to a user that does not have super admin rights it gives a error. The error is due to authorization.

What is the minimum role that must be assigned to end users to allow portal content to access SAP ERP??

Must be able to stipulate that a sprcific user has access to a specific SAP ERP.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What is the minimum role that must be assigned to end users to allow portal content to access SAP ERP??

This completely depends on the task(s) that need to be done in the backend system. For your requirement best talk to an SD consultant. Or talk to a security consultant and see if there's a role which will allow the user to create a sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It also depends whether the user is authorized or not in the portal security is failing or - depending on which authentication there is through to the backend ABAP system - whether that user is authorized on the backend.

I place my bets on a RFC group missing. Take a look in ST22 on the backend for an RFC_NO_AUTHORITY dump.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi

In SAP the user has SAP_ALL, full access in SAP ERP. it is from the portal side that is giving the error. soon as I apply super admin it will work.

In ST22 I see no error to this effect.

I created my own content with Visual composer and do not want to use SAP content.

Any solutions?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the properties of the portal content you have developed. It could be that only Administrator has permission to view the iViews.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Hi

I have resolved this. The system connection only had admin in the permissions. Needed to add other permisiions that would match the permisiions on the users.

Thanks for the suggestions