cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How a new one start learning SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am the new in SAP MDM, So Pls. guide me how to I start learning SAP MDM, what is the easy reference book with example or any document that guide me step by steps. Can I install Dummy SAP MDM server at our home for learning purpose.

Pls. help me. In India right now client using web based SAP MDM or console based? Any one have their own manual that great help me. Pls. also provide your number on which I can contact for any help.

Regards

V V Shukla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to MDM buddy, as you mention you alredy working on MDM stuff,then for you very easy to learn SAP NetWeaver MDM, my advice to you is start with SAP MDM 5.5.

Help documentation very clear and crispy with good examples.

refer below link....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in SAP Master Data. presently I am handlling master data on SAP R/3. I want to switch over SAP MDM. So Pls. tell me which is demand in market either SAP Netviwer or SAP MDM.

Pls. suggest me any reference book with example and screen short in the market. So that I can start reading & learning.

pls. also provide ur contact number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP MDM comes under SAP Netweaver only.

Check the below thread about SAP Netweaver you will get the good information what does it contain

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in SAP Master Data. presently I am handlling master data on SAP R/3. I want to switch over SAP MDM. So Pls. tell me which is demand in market either SAP Netviwer or SAP MDM.

Pls. suggest me any reference book with example and screen short in the market. So that I can start reading & learning.

pls. also provide ur contact number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you can find the access point to all the MDM materials (blog, articles, elearning, documentation). If you need something in detail please let me know:

Here the SAP Help for MDM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

Hope this help you.

And if you want more link then put MDM Learning and perform a search, you will get similar threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SAP MDM.

Just go through this link, it has got everything for a beginer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm

You will find all the Guides over Here :

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/installmdm.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Pls. let me know how many type company using SAP MDM:

What I know that is WEB Based MDM and other one is simple one.

Do Pls. explain it how many way company using SAP MDM.?

Regards

V V Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM can work as a standalone tool with standard MDM components as UI's in the system landscape.This solution will not be so user friendly one. Also we can use Webservices like portal to work as UI and MDM will work as a back end system in suc a case.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

Can we installed MDM S/w at our home or office as a Dummy for training purpose. Pls. also tell what is the demand in indian market of MDM like front end Portal (UI) and back end MDM Component. If we does not use portal then how we use MDM component ?

Is there any good reference book in market that explain step by step for beganer with screen short example? Pls. tell me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

V V Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

List below shows the tools known as GUI Clients which comes with MDM Installable. All these tools can be installed on your machine. These are nothing but 32 or 64 bit applications.

MDM Console - Administration purpose

MDM Import Manager - Importing data in MDM

MDM Data Manager - Data Management like creating, deleting and modifying records

MDM Syndicator - Sending data out from MDM

Apart from this, MDM installable contains MDM Java APIs (to develop custom applications) and MDM ABAP APIs. SAP has also shipped standard MDM iViews to expose the MDM functionality provided by MDM Data Manager over the portal. It is not at all mandatory to have Portal for UI. Above MDM tools provides UI to use the desired functionality.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can install MDM s/w at your home. You need a lincese to get one. No trial version is available. If you are not using portal MDM will be UI and the user will directly interact with MDM. In case of Portal you'll be using java APIS to fetch data from/into MDM.

There is plenty of stuff available on this forum for your learning. To start with may be you can go through MDM reference guides 1st then go through various docs on this forum for your furthur understanding. But getting system access is prerequisite to move ahead coz it'll help you in understanding concepts more clearly.

For more details on MDM market possible you can google through and you'll get loads of data points for your clarity.

Thanks

Manish