cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Profile Selection Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the configuration guide for MAM and created an Variant Operation for the Order Profile. Testing the variant (using IW37) it gives the correct amount of orders (5).

Now using transaction SE37 to test MAM25_001, it gives me more orders that I should (9 in total). Also in the mobile device I also get the 9 orders.

It was my understanding that the Variant should reduce the number of orders/operations that are downloaded in the device. It seems that it is ignoring the Variant. Do I need to do additional configuration to allow me use the variant? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I can tell you a scenario in which this can happen.

For eg:-

In the variant if you use workcenter 'X' and in the "Configure user dependent data" customization if you use work-center 'Y' in "Order Assignment", then the combination of work-centers X and Y are taken as selection criteria i.e., all the order(operations) which have X or Y as work-centers are selected.

So, in brief the filtering criteria field shouldn't be used/populated in variant. Then you will get your desired results.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

My situation is the following. The backend system was configured so the dispatched can assign different technicians to different operations in a work order, i.e.

Order 00001

Operation #1 -> Tech #1

Operation #2 -> Tech #2...

I tried to set Order Assignment to EMPLOYEE NUMBER, but then no one get any order. I tried setting it to WORKCENTER but the tech receives all orders even the ones that doesn't have any operation assign to him.

I was hoping to use the variant to filter the orders, but even with that the tech is receiving all the orders. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The situation of yours is exactly the way I described.

I think you have populated employee number in alm_me_user customization, when you set order assignment to employee number. Otherwise you won't get any orders.

You can do one more thing.

1. Don't give any work-center in variant for selection of orders. If possible, have a different selection criteria.

2. Now use user->workcenter in assignment profile and give the work-center in alm_me_user transaction.

This might work.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Answers (0)