cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email Alerts if File posting fails?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

i have a requirement wherein i need to send out email alerts when my file to the target doesn't get posted.

I want to achieve this w/o any BPM, how is this possible?

Any leads / thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hankovak,

I think we can acheive it using ALERT configuration that is provided in PI it self where in we can trigger mails if all there is any error occurs during runtime in the entire scenario excecution by using Container variables in Alertconfuguration.BPM is not required in thi case.

Refer these blogs on setting up Alerts in PI.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Triggering alert using payload data.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Trouble shooting PI alerts

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u,

I am aware of this. But i wouldn't want to take this route for now, i don't want to include business user emails @ the ALRT CAT level,

trying to see if there is a way around this.

Thanks,

Hank

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i don't want to include business user emails @ the ALRT CAT level,

Email IDS are not included in the Alert Definition.....the individual email ids will be assigned to the users created in the transaction SU01.

If your requirement is not to even create the users then the option that I think of is creating Distribution List and assigning user email ids to this DL.....then create a user in SU01 (a generic one) and assign this DL to the email address section of the user created.....then in the Alert Category include this user as fixed recepient...so whenever the alert is raised the email will go to the DL.

Regards,

Abhishek.