cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO & msvcr71.dll??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some code that uses the SAP java connector on Windows XP and on some systems it can't initialize the middleware because it can't find "msvcr71.dll". I have the sapjcorfc.dll & librfc32.dll in place. But apparently one of these relies on msvcr71.dll. On some systems this file exists, but not all. I think it got installed with .Net at some point.

Has anyone seen this problem before? If so is there anything I can do besides getting msvcr71.dll & copying it into /windows/system32?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses. I've had success by copying msvcr71.dll & msvcp71.dll into /Windows/System32. But I'd really like to know what the dependencies are for sure.

You mentiones trying this:

<u>On the system with .net & SAPGUI installed ,open the Jco related DLLs with dependancy walker (right click--> open with --> depends) that should give you the dependencies in that case.</u>

But I apparently don't have a dependency walker on my system. When I try "open with" it only gives me options to search the web or select a program from a list - and there's no dependency walker I can find there. Is it something that needs to be installed?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a dependency walker, thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem with references are generally due to the absence of resource entries in the classpath;

1. If it is a stand alone Java or .NET program, one tries to copy the .DLL into system32 which is indirectly the system path (Thus the problem is solved for a while. This is not considered a good approach.

2. When dealing with Application Project, the application-j2ee-engine.xml offers the feature of adding the references.

Process is simple, select the application-j2ee-engine.xml, select reference and click on 'Add', check the module com.sap.mw.jco

Don't forget to reward the points if the solution is appreciated.

Regards,

Arvind Kugasia [akugusia@hcl.in]

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not a .NET program, it's the SAP Java Connector, which apparently needs msvcr71.dll & msvcp71.dll. I'm curious why sap ships the JCO without them if they require those dlls. Should SAP be responsible for redistributing the necessary components?

<u>The Problem with references are generally due to the absence of resource entries in the classpath;

1. If it is a stand alone Java or .NET program, one tries to copy the .DLL into system32 which is indirectly the system path (Thus the problem is solved for a while. This is not considered a good approach.

2. When dealing with Application Project, the application-j2ee-engine.xml offers the feature of adding the references.

Process is simple, select the application-j2ee-engine.xml, select reference and click on 'Add', check the module com.sap.mw.jco</u>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

AS YOU HAVE MENTIONED THAT MSVCR71.DLL IS ABSENT IT IS ACTUALLY A WINDOW XP IMPORTANT FILE AND ITS POSITIONS ARE

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\URTTEMP

C:\PROGRAMFILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\MSDESIGNERS.

CHECK WITH THESE DIRECTORIES IF IT IS MISSING THAN RE INSTALL THE WINDOW XP ORHTER WISE COPY THIS FILE FROM ANOTHER SYSTEM AND PASTE IN THESE DIRECTORIES ,I HOPE IT WILL WORK.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeffrey,

It is not a good idea to get msvcr71.dll and copy to the windows folder as you never know the internal dependencies. Why dont you try this? On the system with .net & SAPGUI installed ,open the Jco related DLLs with dependancy walker (right click--> open with --> depends) that should give you the dependencies in that case. Repeat the same on system w/o .net and may be you can figure out the difference.