Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer number range

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Pls help. Thx.

Q1: When using external number range, why the specific number for the specific customer can be defined outside the number range? How to restrict it? For e.g., external number range is from S1000 to S1999. When creating customer master, I can manually appoint S189999, S1009999etc. As long as the second digit in the number is not 9, the system does not consider it over S1999.

Q2: If using no. range to reflect over 13 geograpical locations's customers, is it the must to use over 13 account groups, no matter external number range or not? Any better solutions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

> Q1: When using external number range, why the specific number for the specific customer can be defined outside the number range? How to restrict it? For e.g., external number range is from S1000 to S1999. When creating customer master, I can manually appoint S189999, S1009999etc. As long as the second digit in the number is not 9, the system does not consider it over S1999.

For this Question, Let me ask you one Question what is [ S1000 + 1 = ? ] , System wont be able to calculate this as the format of both are different. Similarly in this case when you are giving any number Range, and the digit is less than 9 then it will calculate. I guess the calculation procedure for Summation is still ASCII,

> Q2: If using no. range to reflect over 13 geograpical locations's customers, is it the must to use over 13 account groups, no matter external number range or not? Any better solutions?

I guess Yes.... As number range will depend on the account group,

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

1. As the Number Range is External you would not be able to control the number beyond S1999. Had the Number Range be Internal then system can easily control number range beyond say 1999.

2. As you can assign only one number range to one Account Group, so if you require different number ranges for Customers of each regions, you will have to create seperate Account Groups.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

If your number range is external or internal has a lower limit and upper limit ,system should not allow you to deviate from those numebrs. Thats the use of Number range intervals. Go to "OBD2" and see what is the number range associated with each account group. Kindly also check if there is any enhancement in "SAPMF02D".

Regards

Ram Pedarla