cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio plugin (stencil) for MDM does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I run the mdm workflow (5.5) plugin in MDM (windows 2003) and Visio professional 2003.

I can successfully create workflows via data manager and visio and save the the workflow.

When opening the workflow the next time the MDM workflow stencil does not appear. The workflow seems to have disappeared.

It works with a colleagues computer so I assume there is some setting missing on my computer, but I have tried on two different machines with the same result.

Any advise?

B.r

Olof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install your Workflow Engine i.e. WorkflowInstall_Ver setup and restart your machine.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I've reinstalled visio and the workflow plugin locally, but no result. Do I also need to restart the MDM server for the changes to take effect like proposed in below answer?

B.R Olof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Listing the steps to be followed:

1) Open Visio and go to the Tools > Macros > Security.

The 'Security Level' tab should be set to 'Low' and in the 'Trusted Publishers' tab the 'Trust access to Visual Basic Project' should be checked.

2) In Visio, click Tools->Options.

In the Options dialog, click Security tab.

In the Security tab, check the Enable Automation Events button.

Once this has been done you will need to close the Visio and then launch it again via the Data Manager.

regards

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your problem still exists?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used Microsoft office visio 2003 professional, but after installing the standard 2003 version instead I got it to work!

Br.

Olof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For the first time you need to enable macro settings in VISIO and enable checkboxes for trusted publications.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also encountered same problem earlier.

1. Just install the Workflow Setup again.

2. Install Visio 2003 Again.

3. Restart MDM server.

This should work.

thanks

Manish

Edited by: manish gupta on Aug 17, 2009 2:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. I've tried it including macro settings in MS visio, but I still can't get it to run.

Can I have missed something else?

B.r

Olof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have installed MDMWorkflowInstall_Ver from the same installable. MDM Server and workflow engine should be of same version.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja