cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC as a receiver adapter in XI to 3rd party scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an requirement to connect sap xi and 3rd party. the scenario as given below:

sap ecc 6.0 --> sap xi --> 3rd party

Here ecc is sending an idoc to the 3rd party. The 3rd party is SAP certified and intelligent enough to receive and send idocs. Here I'm using a idoc adapter as a receiver adapter. In the receiver adapter I have to give a rfc destination and a port name.

My question is how to create a rfc destination for the 3rd party. and which port name we'll use in this case. Is the port name will be the 3rd party port name is yes then how I can create a port in the 3rd party system.

Please help.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A communication channel with a receiver IDoc adapter can be created automatically for business systems that are defined in the System Landscape Directory. refer this link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/d1a4d665c5574fa6e19784358ec948/frameset.htm]

You need to configure the receiver IDoc adapter to convert Integration Server contents from IDoc-XML to native IDoc format and to forward the IDocs to an SAP system .

you create a port and the rfc destination pointing to receiver in PI system

use tcode sm59 for creating rfc destination and IDX1 to create port and map it to rfc destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima,

Is there anything which has to be taken care by the client for teh 3rd party syatem ? the program id will be created in the 3rd party system and will be used in the XI system or the program id has to be created in the XI system.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

surya_ramireddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Use Trasaction IDX1 to create a port on XI and SM59 to Create a RFC Destination.