SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cluetrain 2009, happening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/community.user/blog/2008/10/28/sap-teched-08-cluetrain--on-board

That was the wrap up from the 2008 EMEA SAP Cluetrain and the following post is where I am today with the idea for this year

/people/community.user/blog/2009/08/17/so-whats-with-the-sap-cluetrain-this-year

I want to set the proper expectations because it's simply not looking good so far and I'd rather give the community a chance to jump in than simply come back and say I could not make it happen.

Looking for thoughts, suggestions, alternatives and of course contacts!

13 REPLIES 13

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

would it be really worth the hassle doing all the "Special Train" preparations for 40 people or so? I would suggest to set up a registration Page for the Cluetrain running on Sunday, October 25th to be in Vienna for Communit day. I think the best connection is:

Frankfurt(Main)Hbf So, 25.10.09 
ab 10:38 6 ICE 25 
Hanau Hbf ab 10:54 103 
Würzburg Hbf ab 11:44 5a/b 
Nürnberg Hbf ab 12:36 12 
Regensburg Hbf ab 13:27 9 
Plattling ab 14:00 3 
Passau Hbf ab 14:33 5 
Wels Hbf    ab 15:31 4 
Linz Hbf    ab 15:46 6AD 
St.Pölten Hbf ab 16:39 
Wien Westbahnhof So, 25.10.09 
an 17:22 3

After the deadline of the registration you get a Group Ticket and reserve the seats in one coach.

Another possibility would be the Clue Bus. Our Big Band is traveling with Deutsche Touring GmbH for a great price now to Croatia. Will update you after our journey in September if that all went good.

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we "stick to a low number" then of course it works like last year and we all just reserve seats together but something a bit more was the thought from last year.

I'm open to alternatives and ideas plus how many are willing to travel to Frankfurt then sit on a train this time for that long?

0 Kudos

I like a train better than a bus. More room to get up and move around.

I think the ideal route depends on where people are coming from. Munich might be a better option than traveling via Passau inasmuch as more people would probably be getting on there rather than Passau.

Still like the idea of the ClueTrain. I'm assuming that by the time train gets to Salzburg where I would be getting on, things/people should be in a pretty good mood.

D.

akpetteroe2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I like the idea of spending a day with you guys on a train

No ride is too long with great company LOL

I think Gregor's idea about creating a registration page and take it from there is a good idea.

And do we really need much program? Can't we just hang out? Depending on who comes, we could hack around a bit...

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

If everyone just wants to go for the easy option we did last year and plan together - I'm all for it! Some of the feedback last year was about something more organized and "official" but for me the idea is a community oriented one and therefore should be driven by all of you. So we all get on board in Norway and ride down? I think there's a route that way or?

akpetteroe2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you should all come here!

It will probably only take us about 2 days to get to Vienna

/Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everyone heard it we are crashing at Anne's place before Vienna (slight detour)

akpetteroe2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need to have a proper moving in party right?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out the TechEd ´09 Cluetrain Wiki Page to signup. Also you can check the Blog TechEd '09 Cluetrain from Anne Kathrine Petterøe

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How about a TechEd Prater Giant Wheel ride?

The least we can do is go and have an SCN Wiener Schnitzel tweetup here: http://www.figlmueller.at/

We should reserve a few tables, though.

Frank.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the Schnitzel picture was a great appetizer for today's lunch. .

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's obvious regardless or?

thomasalexander_ritter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Count me in

I am also for the train. It is just so much easier to roam around.

cheers

Thomas