cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with two "Detailed Navigation"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with my detailed navigation. Like on this picture <a href="http://toya.net.pl/tabarka/dn01.JPG">http://toya.net.pl/tabarka/dn01.JPG</a>

we see two "detailed navigation" but only one display contents of navigation levels. Second is empty.

So is it possible to display contents of navigation levels in both "detailed navigation" ?

Thanks for help!

Andrzej

Message was edited by: Andrzej Tabara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

it seems that you changed the default framework by creating a copy of the Detailed Navigation and added it to the Detailed Navigation:

So you have 2 detailed Navigation objects:

- com.sap.portal.detailedNavigationTree_0

- com.sap.portal.detailedNavigationTree (on page 2 of default framework)

if you want only ONE Detailed Navigation, set the visible checkbox of com.sap.portal.detailedNavigationTree_0 to disabled (empty)

Do you have this double occurance by accident or do you want 2 Detailed Navigation ?

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Yes I want to have 2 Detailed Navigation but you see

that only one contain the navigation level. Second is empty

Regards,

Andrzej

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

can you expleain me what the benefits of a doubled iview and content would be ?

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

For example in the first detailed navigation I would have a navigation level 2 and in the second I would have a navigation level 3.

It's only test and I don't know if something like this is possible.

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I dont think this is actually possible as the levels in detailed navigation is decided by the levels in TLN. So you cannot have one detailed navigation starting from level 2 and another starting from level 3.

Detailed navigation is not automatically synchronized with top-level navigation; the values you enter for top-level and detailed navigation must agree. For example, if you enter the value 1 for top-level navigation, while detailed navigation still has the value 3, one level is left out, creating a gap.

Refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5a/33befa45ca7f459b24d0c5d51d0749/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

hmmm... but if I want to have two detailed navigation contains the same level?

Only I want to know is it possible to dispaly the same content in both detailed navigation?

Since I have added new detailed navigation it has been still empty.

Regards,

Andrzej

Message was edited by: Andrzej Tabara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am getting a problem, When I am collapsing a details navigation iVew.

Error.....

com.sapportals.wcm.repository.InvalidUriException: Invalid RID: No repository manager found for prefix: /virtualroot

at com.sapportals.wcm.repository.ResourceException.fillInStackTrace(ResourceException.java:400)

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)

at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)

at com.sapportals.wcm.WcmException.<init>(WcmException.java:59)

at com.sapportals.wcm.util.content.ContentException.<init>(ContentException.java:38)

at com.sapportals.wcm.repository.ResourceException.<init>(ResourceException.java:163)

at com.sapportals.wcm.repository.InvalidUriException.<init>(InvalidUriException.java:48)

at

Thanks in advance,

Jai.