cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can you please provide me portal development documents?. I know basics of java webdynpro. So i want to create portal applications. Please provide me the links..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

probably need to search on SDN....will get lots of documents

Yeah you can create WD application ,

First you need to create WD application then you have to deploye it on portal after that u can create Iview out of ur WD applicaton. to display it on portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A lot but that i know. I want to create application from portal like par file..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NWDS you can create PAR file and deploy it into server and then finally make an iview out of it.

The PAR file, you can create it using JSP Dynpage or Abstract Portal Component. basically a java code. If you are strong

in java then it should be easy for you. There is plenty of help in SDN or SAP Help so according to your requirement search

for the type of application you want to create and go ahead.

In NWDS you can also create Webdynpro applications which is a framework to create UI using simple drag and drop facilities.

Regards

Raghu

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

follow the below steps

1. open your NWDS in EP prospective,

2. go to file >New>Others-->Portal Application. now application will be created.

3. Once you done with your creatation(UI changes) of your project Right click on project>Export.>par.

one par file will be create to your project dir.

4. Now. import it form portal goto > java Dev>Portal Arch Deployeer--Browe it -->click on Upload.

5. To test it goto > java Dev>PDK starter&Viewer-- click on your par file which u upload .

6. Now u can create Iview out of this par file appliction ....by select iview tamplete select from portal Application

7. Then select ur par application.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create par file using NWDS in EP prespective. once you create the par file it will be deployed in the portal , then you can create an ivew using this par file in portal.

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I create webdynpro applications from portal. How to create that.??