cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working withg Out using ESR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I like to know can we do the scenario like this.

I want to pick EDI file from FTP using SSL and keep that file in SAP ECC.

Inthis scenario iam not using ESR as we cant covert the EDI format in PI, no need of any mapping.

just pick the file and place in SAP server, there we run custom program to convert the EDI data into XML and store the data into SAP.

Can we do this.......with ESR as no mapping required...just keeping dummy mapping name in ID.........can we execute this scenario and place the file in SAP ECC.

Thanks and Regards,

chinna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please write few comments while closing the thread so that anyone referring it afterwards can see the solution.

and award the appropriate points

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) It is not possible developing the scenario without developing the Desing objects and developing the configuration objects

2) But It is possible developing the scenario with developing the configuration objects and without developing the Design object

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

The main points of this exercise is:

1. IR is not necessary for development of interfaces in XI.

2. In ID, any name can be used for Sender Interface and Namespace names, and they do not need to exist in IR.

3. No Mapping can be used, since the data may not be XML.

4. The Receiver Interface and Namespace names must match that of the Sender Interface and Namespace names.

5. Most importantly: the data sent thru XI does NOT have to be in XML; any data can be sent thru XI.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chinna,

From your question i could understand that your EDI file need not undergo changes (EDI file to EDI xml) and need to pick the file from one location and putting the same in the other location (FTP to FTP).

If the requirement is the one i mentioned above .Yes it can be done FILE to FILE wit out Integration Repository.Please find the following wiki which picks the file form one location and puts in other location with out mapping or any other IR objects.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FiletofilewithoutusingwithIntegration+Repository

please let me know if i understood ur requirement wrong.

Thanks,

Ram.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>Inthis scenario iam not using ESR as we cant covert the EDI format in PI, no need of any mapping.

Yes , You can go ahead with dummy name as you mentioned

Cheers

Agasthuri