cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Webservices into PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

i have 2 Systems. 1 ERP System and 1 PI System. The ERP Systems has already configured Proxys in TA SPROXY. I want to use these Proxies in my PI System. What is the best Way to get the already existing Proxy into my PI System? Is there a possibility to transport all of them into the PI System?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proxy objects are genarated from WSDL files. In order to import the proxy in PI system, you need to import the WSDL file using External Definitions of Interface Objects and create MessageInterface(PI7.0)/ Service Interface(PI7.1) from WSDL.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

thanks for you quick answer. Is there a chance to export a whole namespace out of the ERP System? Because i have about 50+ Services. Export each on its own, will be very time consuming. Do you have some ideas?

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

-->You want to import the complete namespace.So you can do it from Integration Repository itself.

-->Even the namespace and the components which are visible in your ERP system are same as in your IR.

-->So i suggest you to import the namespace from IR.

-->Select your namespace Right click and Select EXPORT.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

can you give me an more detailed describtion? Because when i go into SPROXY in my ERP System i don't see any export opportunity when i right click on the namespace.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

-->Could you pease explain me your requirement.

-->You want to EXPORT the namespace........rite?

-->So select the namespace in your PI System and right click and select EXPORT.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

nono... i have the Namespace and the Services in the ERP System and i want to transfer it into my PI System.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

-->Why you want to transfer the namespace in your PI System?

-->If you observe one thing the namespace will already present in your PI System

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the transaction SPROXY where your proxy is created, you will also find an object based on which the proxy is generated.

This object will have a white & red symbol....this is what you would be looking for....you can use this wsdl in IR.

Taking all the 50+ services wont be needed as you may require only some of them.

Or you can even contact the person (if possible) who created the proxy, he will tell you from where you will get the wsdl.

Normally we create the Message/ Service Interface and then develop the proxy (based on the wsdl generated by the Message/ Service Interface).

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody... i was able to fix it. What i didn't knew when i wrote the question, that the Proxies can be downloaded from the SAP Service Center.

So what i did is written here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c83ba5-5c86-2b10-2fbf-9135c4fc2...

Thanks a lot to all.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure what do you mean by exporting proxies (possible answers) .

- You can generate proxy in PI itself, goto sproxy transaction on PI system and create proxies. Implementation (ABAP coding) need to be done again (transport from ERP is possible but landscpae configuration required).

- If you mean that you want to use them in PI repository then these standard PI content available on SMP so download from there else copy wsdl and import.

Regards,

Gourav

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a bit of confusion here.

Proxy is generated in ERP system based on the Message Interface already present in PI. Or other case could be that there is some standard content available. In first case, you have to perform the development first in PI and then you can proceed with SPROXY step. So it should be present. In second case, if there is standard content, then there must be some standard content for PI as well. You just need to import it.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I think there is no need of importing your ECC objects in to your PI,

because they are already developed in your PI, for which objects you have created ABAP Proxies.

Either Server or Client Proxy will be generated based on the Message Interface of PI.

so no need of importing ECC content to PI.

for any furthur clarification please go through help on how to Create Proxies in ABAP

Regards

Praveen