cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to change the logic of Net Value & taxes calculation in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

We get breakup of sales value in two fields NET & TAX in the condition tab of SO ( either at header or at line level )

Currently basic value ( in our case ZPP ) gets added up with Excise duty and it's cess in the NET field where as only tax either CST, VAT, service tax gets calculated in TAX field. We want to change the logic,

What we want is only basic to be calculated in NET field and rest all duties and taxes to be accumulated or should get calculated in TAX at line level and header level too.

First Is it possible ? if yes, can you suggest or guide how is it done ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes It is possible by changing it in v/08

The whole logic can be changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how sir ? where are supposed to change in Pricing procedure so that the value hits in either of the field.

Is it the change required in Sub total column, is it related to XWORK... and KOMP that shows the value ... am i going in the right direction ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

or we have change any routine to make it happen ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be achived by changing some seting in pricing procedure.

such that for all tax condition other then ZPP, maintain account key as MWS and for ZPP only ERL.

secondly for all tax conditions, maintain subtotal field as '1' and blank for ZPP.

try and revert

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Help guys ...

I checked all the configuration. Condition class is correct i.e for ED & Taxes the condition class is Taxes. so need no change over there. Then I tried changing the account key from EXD to MWS for one of the pricing procedure on our development server and with that changes took place, it worked .... So should I conclude that I now need to change the account key of Pricing procedure and also the VKOA for MWS has to be replicated as maintained for EXD ...

Mr Jignesh & Mr. Yadav adding 6 & 10 points resp for your valuable suggestions ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

iN CONDITION TYPE - cONTROLDATA1- cONDITION CLASS ( CHANGE IT TO ' D' AS IT IS TAXES ). BY CHANGING THIS ALL YOUR VALUES UNDER THIS CONDITION TYPE WILL BE ACCUMUALATED IN THE TAXES FILED OF THE PRICING BOTH IN HEADER AND ITEM LEVEL.

rGDS

RHEYA

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nalin,

As you have rightly pointed out In Sales Order Total value is broken up into Net & Tax.

Now the system add the value of some Conditions & add it into Net & other Conditions into Tax.

This is dependent on Condition Class of the Condition Type. Which is defined at V/06 - Condition Class under Control data 1.

Now the Conditions whose Condition Class is Tax are added up into Tax & all the others are added up into Net.

So you can change the Class of the Conditons as required. But be careful because this will have impact on other automatic updates like LIS & Others reports.

Hope this helps.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All, slight complicated situation in the configs ... I am taking ref of Mr.Yadav & Mr.Jignesh and describing the setting done at our end. try to gauge it and give me a way out ....

As suggested by Mr.Jignesh, All my condition types except ZPP are having condition class as TAXES where as ZPP only has Condition class as PRICES.

As suggested by Mr. Yadav, Account Key of ZPP is ERL and for Sales Tax or Service tax is BLANK. Now the confusing part for Duties ( ED & it's Cess or Import Duties etc ), it has been maintained "EXD".

Is that config correct ? Please suggest .. Probably we are coming to a conclusion with fruitful solution ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Account keys EXD for excise is standard. Account key only determines which GL account the condition value has to hit. Condition class determines whether a particular condition type gets added into tax or net value.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nalin,

See if you just want to changes the Display of Net & Tax value in Sales Order then you will have to change the Condition Class (& take care of other effects).

Account keys are to be changed only if you need to chagne the posting of the condition value. Which I feel is not at required in your case.

Hope this is clear...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you will have to change the condition class of the condition types into Tax instead of discounts and surcharge. But this will have implications in account determination settings as it will no longer follow VKOA settings but will work like all other tax conditions.

Siva