Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

window height at runtime

former_member196023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I get window height at runtime?

I am not talking about Popup window, but want to know how to determine the height of normal window in pixels at runtime.

Thanks ,

-Haresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't believe that information is available in the WD framework. Also if the browser is resized, no server side event occurs so the information could easily become inaccurate. What exactly are you trying to acomplish?

former_member196023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for addressing my issue.

I have a application in which I am suppose to put a Contextual Panel at left hand side to be shown forever.

So I have used a Scroll Container UI (having properties of streched vertically to X and height to 100%) next to the Contextual Panel. So my requirement accomplished. User can scroll the details on right hand side without hiding Contextual Panel.

But the problem occurred after applying EHP4. The Scroll Container has automatically set the height to the size of Contextual Panel.

Now after looking at the conversion you have with Sudhir, I have changed the UI from Scrol Container to Transparent Container and tried to set various properties to achive the functionality. But failed to do so.

So if I will be able to set the Transparent Container's height at runtime to be the window height, my requirement can be achieved.

But as you have said that it is not possible, Please suggest any other alternative so that I can achieve my required functionality.

Thanks,

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You will want to have a look at OSS note 1266588 - it has some fixes and some guidelines for working with 100% height.

former_member196023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas, this Note has solved the problem. Cheers to you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have a similar scenario:

There are 2 Contextual Panels in my application, left panel is a navigation panel and right panel is a content panel which depends on the viewswitch selected in the left panel.

The right panel height is variable depending on the contents. I have tried many properties settings like 100% height and stretchedVertically for the Transparent Container which is Matrix Layout to make both panels height equal during runtime, but i couldn't.

Any suggestion?

Edited by: Mandy Loh on Oct 7, 2009 12:51 PM