Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Order does Confirmations and GR even after the Process order is CNF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Sure why the Formatting is lost.

Hi Gurus,

I am a beginner in this area and request your help.

We are implementing a project where the process order Confirmation in SAP ECC 5.0 in SAP PPPI module is done using xMII which call the BAPI_PROCORD_CREATE_TT RFC.

The customer wants to (certain times) do a final confirmation without actually completing the order e.g if the Order Qty is 100 then, they want to just manufacture 25 and then do a final confirmation, after which SAP GUI screen does not allow any Process order Confirmations against that process order.

We are using the BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TTRFC to do multiple PO Confirmations and GR for particular Process order. Below is a scenario

Case 1:

1. Order Qty =100 ( Unlimited Delivery is not checked and tolerance is Zero).

Which means only 100 is accepted.

2. 100 Quantities are produced and confirmed using the BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT (with Final confirmation value as 1 , which mean auto confirmation)

3. Next when the BAPI confirms & GR's against the same order, the Complete qty is not visible in the COR3 status. And is visible only in the COGI transaction.

That is expected behavior. and i am ok with that.

Case 2: (The one with the problem)

1. Order Qty =100 ( Unlimited Delivery is not checked and tolerance is Zero).

Which means only the 100 is accepted.

2. 25 Quantities are produced and confirmed using BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT (with Final Confirmation value as X , which mean Final confirmation)

3. The Confirmation and GR go through and the status of the process order now changed is CNF and the Deliverd qty is 25.

At this point , if you logon to SAP GUI and try to make a process order confirmation you get an error messages which says the Process Order is already confirmed and no more confirmations or GR can be done against this Process order.

4. But when you Again Run the BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT, it goes ahead and confirms and makes the GR for that Process order.

The Expected Behavior should have been that this quantity is now in the COGI transaction.

5. The Process order allows any number of Further confirmations till the Ordered Qty and Delivered quantity are same .

so dear gurus I know i have written a very long doubt but would be very happy to get a response from you. I would ideally not like to enhance or change the BAPI and want to understand if I have missed some setting or parameter that I have to pass in the BAPI for the final confirmation so that once the Status of the Process order is CNF , no more Confirmations are allowed even from the BAPI.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I am not positive, but I suspectt the problem lies in the BAPI. It might be how you have the data set in MII, but it sounded like you are doing it correctly.

However there are a number of things you can do to troubleshoot your situation.

First create a few process orders to test with.

Record the confirmation numbers and counters for each of the following:

1) Do a final confirmation (for quantity of 25 instead of the 100) in CORK (or whichever transaction you are using).

2) Do a final confirmation (for quantitiy of 25 instead of the 100) in SE37 or BAPI in ERP using the BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT.

3) Do a final confirmation (for quantitiy of 25 instead of the 100) from MII using your current transaction.

Review the confirmations in ERP to see if there are any differences.

Review the confirmaitons in MII to see if there are any non visible differences (use a Tracer to retrieve the response segment from an execution of BAPI_PROCORDCONF_GETDETAIL using the recorded confirmation numbers and counters)

Case 1) If there are differences in the results, that should tell you how to modify your transaction to include or change the appropriate values in your inputs.

Case 2) If there are no differences, then it is most likely that there is something not working properly in the BAPI you are using. It may not completely replicate the functionality in CORK (or whichever transaction you are using in ERP). Then open a ticket, because the BAPI is not working as it should.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Aug 17, 2009 8:20 PM