Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBC Using RFC Adapter.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been trying to find out a scenario which is like a File-to-Database where RFC is the sender and JDBC is at Receiver end.

Kindly guide me in:

1) What are the steps I need to do when I use a RFC Adapter to pick a file from FTP?

2) Are the steps same for the JDBC Adapter as we do normally in a JDBC Receiver Adapter?

3) Is there any other configuration required for this type of scenario?

4) If I import the RFC only I wanted to know how would the file be picked from FTP Server? Is it likewhile create a RFC we import the File from FTP server.

My Plan of Action to do the scenario is:

1) Import the RFC from R/3.

2) Create the data types for target.

3) Map them both.

4) Use JDBC Adapter on the Receiver end.

These are the steps which I think should be done, if there are any other steps which I need to do, please do tell me.

Please do let me know the steps if all the are wrong as I'm doing this type of scenario for the 1st time.

Regards,

Sreedhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC Import wont help you as you intend to pick the file from a FTP server.

You need to have a Sender FILE adapter to do so.

The configuration of the Receiver JDBC adapter is the same as in a normal case.

Also No special configuration required. Yours is a File_to_JDBC Async scenario.

Just make sure that you maintain the receiver-JDBC structure properly (i.e. the DT)

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

FIle is in the FTP Server.

But in the requirement design it is mentioned to use RFC adapter in the sender side.

The statement is like: Pick the files from the FTP server through RFC Adapter.

Guide me what should I do in that case.

Regards,

Sreedhar.

Edited by: Sreedhar Av on Aug 17, 2009 6:41 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Agasthuri said, if it is a function module that is created in the SAP system then the data can be send using the RFC adapter.

But since it is picking up a file from FTP, RFC adapter wont help you.....RFC doesnt even support attachment so you cant have the file send to XI/ PI as an attachment.

But in the requirement design it is mentioned to use RFC adapter in the sender side.
The statement is like: Pick the files from the FTP server through RFC Adapter. 

can you once again confirm with the person who created the design document?

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure I'll consult and tell him the total scenario how a RFC works and then ask what Adapter is to be used.

May I keep this thread open as it would take me a day or two discuss with the designer.

Regards,

Sreedhar.

Edited by: Sreedhar Av on Aug 17, 2009 7:21 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
May I keep this thread open as it would take me a day or two discuss with the designer.

Yes sure, you have the right to keep the thread open till the problem is solved

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is like picking of file from FTP server using a RFC which is already done by ABAP.

Now I'm suppose to configure a scenario the RFC as Sender & JDBC as Receiver.

So my query would it be the configuration as a normal scenario or would there be any changes until and unless there are special conditions are provided?

Regards,

Sreedhar.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The scenario is like picking of file from FTP server using a RFC which is already done by ABAP.

So your scenario is not picking a file but to get the RFC details.

It is a normal RFC_to_JDBC flow.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though i am not very sure about your interface requirement/design but would suggest you the following links :

Sender RFC :

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Reciever JDBC:

JDBC Stored Procedures:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

JDBC Receiver Adapter -- Synchronous Select u2013 Step by Step

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-on-jdbc-receiver-response - XI: How-to

on JDBC receiver response

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>File-to-Database

From where you are getting the File, As a File / XML you can read wit the help of FILE Adapter, Is the FILE available in the FTP server /Application Server ?

RFC- Function Module from SAP where you can read it with the help of RFC adapter.

Cheers

Agasthuri