cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Set/Application Relation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can the same Application be shared in 2 different Application Sets.

Basically, can I have a Z Application Set which references the CRMM_ACCOUNT application, but has a different Model Access Class. or do I need to copy it to a Z Application also.

Thanks for your help.

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select CRMM_ACCOUNT.

Change to edit mode.

Import S-Tables..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already maintained the application CRMM_ACCOUNT for my Z View.... I want to know how to access a Z Model Access Class for my CRMM_ACCOUNT Z View...

Is it even possible? or do I also need to copy the application set.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

If you only create a Z view for the application CRMM_ACCOUNT, you will not be able to use a specific Z MAC for your Z view and a standard MAC for the standard CRMM_ACCOUNT application.

In which version of CRM are you?

Regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your help. I am on Version 5.0 of CRM.

That means the concept of the View is limited to providing a different view of the standard application and nothing more than that.

Basically, this is what I am trying to do. Give the users access to a modified version of the CRMM_ACCOUNT, which will have certain fields hidden (which I have been able to customize). But the other issue I have is that when the user is creating an Account, I want to default the Grouping in CRM (our Z Group) instead of letting the user select the BP grouping field. For that I will have to use a Z MAC. Now, to do this small thing, I think I will have to copy the Application Set, Application, Field Groups, Tab Groups etc to my Z Namespace and modify them there…. Am I correct in that assumption?

Also, when I try to copy the COMM_BUPA Application Set, how do I enter the MAC? I want to use the standard structures, but the system does not allow that.

Thanks,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

An option could be to replace the standard MAC by your Z MAC in the standard CRMM_ACCOUNT application.

CRMC_BLUEPRINT_C - Application Element - Application set

--> for application set COMM_BUPA, find your MAC linked to your screen structure. Edit the record and change the standard MAC by your Z MAC.

Other Solution, create a copy of the application CRMM_ACCOUNT. To do this, the best solution is to use the customizing tools under Application/Layout. There, in the application elements, you select the application CRMM_ACCOUNT and you copy it to a Z application. After this copy, you can replace every standard MAC by your own MAC in the ZCRMM_ACCOUNT application.

Regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Thanks. In the second solution, do I have to copy the Application Set? Isn't the MAC assignment on the Application Set Level?

Thanks,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

Yes, you are right, the MAC is available in the apllication set. So, you also have to copy the application set and link it to the Z application.

Regards,

Frédéric

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

P000636
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

You can create your Z structure and a new Zfieldgroup and assing your Zstructure in the new Zmodelaccessclass.

Maybe a lot of Z jejejeje. Hope it helps.

Regards.

Manuel