cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing the persanalization option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

For the end users in the portal, I would like to give the personalize option with only the option to change passwords and remove the other options that comes with personalize option.

Could anyone has any ideas/suggestions on how to get this accomplished.

thanks,

Lekha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

One way of implementing the personalisation is to use the default personlaistion of EP6.0, ie to define the personaliable properties in the portalapp.xml.

Another way of doing is to provide a custom personalisation, by implementing a simple dynPage and giving this class as the personalization class for the iView component in the portalapp.xml

As you want to facilitate a password change and might require database access, you can go for the second option.

hope it helps, please let me know if need some more info

cheers

Kiran

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we did achive this in an alternate fashion.

<b>The personalization is attached to the eu_role, we make a copy of the role is the project specific directory (eu_role_sample)</b> and modified the iviews in the personalization page attached to the eu_role_sample role (we removed Portal Theme iview).

<u>we added the user to this role and found that the personalization page did not have the portal theme option in the list.</u>

hope that helps.

i am unable to find the document which explains the above procedure in detail.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for providing the information. You said I need to change the values in portalapp.xml, could you tell me from where shud I download the portalapp.xml file, can you please send me the path..please..

thanks

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lekha,

Are you using NWDS? If so, you can find it in the 'dist' > PORTAL-INF folder of your project.

Or else you can find it in this path

<i>InstallationDrive</i>/usr/sap/<i>instanceName</i>/JC04/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/<i>yourProjectName</i>

cheers

Kiran

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

please take a look to the role eu_role (Personalize with welcome page) or eu_core (in SP9+ : only Personalize).

You see there the pages which appear under the Personalize link (on portal header) and you can remove the pages you don't want. before you do that I would suggest that you create a copy of the EU_role (z_eu_role) and make the changes there. The enduser get then the customized role z_eu_role.

The portalapp.xml can be used to customize usually custom ( e.g Java) components. I am writing a blog on that this week.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please explain me in detail how to change the values in portalapp.xml

Also it would be great if you could explain me in detials of accomplishing this by JSPDynpage.

thanks again!!

Regards

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

This is how you do in portalapp.xml for default personalization..

<property name="visibleRowCount" value="10">

<property name= "personalization" value="dialog"/>

<property name="type" value="select[5,10,15,20,25,30,40,50]"/>

<property name="plainDescription" value="Visible Row Count"/>

</property>

now if you personalize the iView the above mentioned property will appear as a dropdown list box with the values mentioned in property 'type'.

The property "personalization" can be 'none' which means it is not personalizable, and 'dialog' which means it can be personalized.

the property "type" can be select(combo box). If you do not define the property type, it will come as a input feild where the user can type in any value.

Now if you want to so a custom personalization, you have to implement a DynPage/JSPDynPage where the GUI elements can be added using TagLibs(JSP) or ClassLibs(JavaClass), and in the even handler method, say a 'Save' button, you can write the logic to save the value, may be in a database or to the component profile.

Mind you, when you use the default personalization, invariably the value will be saved in the Component Profile. In your case as it is a password it might not be advisable.

cheers

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lekha,

I missed out one more thing. For custom personalization, you need to add one more property in the component profile of portalapp.xml,

<property name="PersonalizationClass" value="<i>FullyQualifiedClassNameOfThePersonalizationDynPageComponent</i>"/>

Rgds

Kiran