cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where we should have GP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I want to use Guided procedures in my CAF exercises.

But I found that the GP components are not installed with CAF on my Server(NW2004s).

Where should I have to install this GP? Whether is shuld be installed on the WAS or on the Portal?

I tried installing CAFEU component on my server, but it gave me error for one of the components "portal_content.ear".

It said that there is no corresponding container available for this component.

It means, should I have Portal also to use GP?

Thanks in Advance,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

yes, you need to go to user admin UI

http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsecumewdumeadmin/UmeAdminApp

as administrator.

and select any role which is assigned to your user.

Add the following actions to this role:

designtime.all

devobj.execute

dt.advanced

dt.basic

dt.expert

Relogin by the user.

For more exact information you can check it on help.sap.com. It seems I saw similar info.

Best regards,

Aliaksei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksei,

Thanks for valuable help.

I have given these actions to the role and this role has been assigned to the user.

Now, I can able to view those links.

I have created callble objects, actions, blocks and process.

Now, when I am trying to instantiate my process it gives the error that:

Could not retrieve process instance: contact your system administrator

When I looked into the Log Viewer, I got following exception:

Exception : Cannot find user when uniqueID is null!

java.lang.Exception

at com.sap.exception.BaseExceptionInfo.traceAutomatically(BaseExceptionInfo.java:1141)

at com.sap.exception.BaseExceptionInfo.<init>(BaseExceptionInfo.java:149)

at com.sap.exception.BaseException.<init>(BaseException.java:89)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.base.exception.GPBaseException.<init>(GPBaseException.java:79)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.base.exception.EngineException.<init>(EngineException.java:66)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.context.impl.UserContextFactory.getUser(UserContextFactory.java:270)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.pfw.wfc.local.status.StatusReader.recreateProcessInstance(StatusReader.java:163)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.pfw.wfc.local.status.StatusReader.getWorkflowInstance(StatusReader.java:118)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.pfw.wfc.local.impl.LocalWorkflowConnector.getWorkflowInstance(LocalWorkflowConnector.java:180)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.pfw.core.impl.ProcessRuntime.getProcessInstance(ProcessRuntime.java:527)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rt.CRuntimeMain.setProcessId(CRuntimeMain.java:405)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rt.wdp.InternalCRuntimeMain.setProcessId(InternalCRuntimeMain.java:213)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rt.CRuntimeMainInterface.setProcessId(CRuntimeMainInterface.java:145)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rt.wdp.InternalCRuntimeMainInterface.setProcessId(InternalCRuntimeMainInterface.java:180)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rt.WRuntimeMainInterfaceView.onPlugDefault(WRuntimeMainInterfaceView.java:85)

at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rt.wdp.InternalWRuntimeMainInterfaceView.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalWRuntimeMainInterfaceView.java:105)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingInterfaceView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingInterfaceView.java:85)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.navigate(ClientApplication.java:869)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.navigate(ClientComponent.java:847)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doNavigation(WindowPhaseModel.java:490)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:144)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:415)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:101)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:650)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.processRequest(ClientManager.java:155)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.core.ApplicationHandle.doProcessing(ApplicationHandle.java:105)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:63)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:50)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:95)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:159)

Caused by: com.sap.security.api.NoSuchUserException: Cannot find user when uniqueID is null! at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserFactory.getReadonlyUser(UserFactory.java:119) at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserFactory.getUser(UserFactory.java:197) at com.sap.security.core.imp.UserFactory.getUser(UserFactory.java:91) at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.context.impl.UserContextFactory.getUser(UserContextFactory.java:264) at com.sap.caf.eu.gp.model.pfw.wfc.local.status.StatusReader.recreateProcessInstance(StatusReader.java:163) at

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

This info entry is just reading of according process template when GP tries to reread instantiated process instance.

Check that some according tasks are in your work inbox because it seems that a process is instantiated.

I thought about the source of the problem but I don't have an idea.

I just propose to create very simple process with one action and block. As callable object put some provided by GP content, no matter which one. And try to instantiate such a process template - possible the source of the problem is in some design time option which you always select for your process templates.

Best regards,

Aliaksei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

It seems that some previous error occurred during process instatiation. This exception is just consequence,- process initiator has not been stored and can be not be retrieved during process instance reread.

Please review log entries before this exception.

Best regards,

Aliaksei.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksei,

I got only this error. Others are info messages like entering into some event and exiting from some events.

But no other errors. I got warning once about SLD configurations. I did those configurations and that warning gone. But, above error still comes.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksei,

I got one info message in log viewer saying:

stmt: select do.DO_ID, do.VERSION, do.VERS_GL, do.VERS_LO, DO_TYPE, STATUS, OWNER, CREATION_DATE, LAST_CHANGE_PRIN, LAST_CHANGE_DATE, VALID_UNTIL_DATE, TEXT_TYPE, dotxt.TEXT_ID from CAF_GP_DO do inner join CAF_GP_DOTXT dotxt on dotxt.DO_ID = do.DO_ID and dotxt.VERSION = do.VERSION where PO_NUM=? and DO_TYPE in (?) and TEXT_TYPE=?

After this message it gave one error without any message in the message description.

It gave for the component: com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.comp.valed.CValueEditor

Waiting for your reply,

Bhavik

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

please check out if you've really configured all needed roles and all needed actions inside these roles. E.g. you need definitely the following action to work with GP runtime: com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.runtime

A very detailed description you can find in help.sap.com -> SAPNetWeaver -> ...key capabilites -> CAF -> CAF GP -> Business expert guide -> Security aspects -> portal roles.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I didn't get those roles on my WAS system. I guess those roles should be available on portal not on my WAS.

Other Design Time-Specific Roles are assigned to the user. I have also assigned role: com.sap.caf.eu.gp.runtime.execute_callableobjects

Still I am getting same error.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Recently I'v met such a problem when sap.com/cafeugp~dt component was not deployed on server(SP8). I'v checked GP SP8 deploy archives and such a component is included within. I think you need to redeploy GP on J2ee server(NW04s WAS java).

Actually, I use GP without portal and it is possible to deploy GP without portal. You just need to skip deploying whose GP components which refer to portal components. There is no simple solution to determine whether the component has such a reference or not. Try to enable SDM option "Skip deployement of SCAs/SDAs depending on the errorneous deployment".

The "no corresponding container" means that

portal is not installed or not started.

Best regards,

Aliaksei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksei,

Thanks for your help again.

Now I can able to start GP browser. But, in the left side, I cannot see any links for creating collable objects, blocks, process etc.

I guess, some roles should be assigned to the user, to view these links in the "You can" tab.

What authorizations are required and where i need to specify?

Thanks,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

How can I Install GP on my server.

I have installed ECC6.0. But I could not able to open GP browser on this server.

Waiting for reply,

Bhavik