cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version mismatch between unified rendering and themes in Mime repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to modify the SAP_tradeshowplus theme to include our company logo etc. As a start point we try to download the latest themes using wd_themes program. On execution of the program following message is displayed.

The current version of unified rendering 7.11.3.2.0. All themes in the MIME repository should have this version This is not the

case present. Perform an upgrade. More so sap_tradeshowplus is not listed .

Our system version is mySAP ERP 6.0 + EHP4 + NW 7.01 - SP4 with all the latest notes applied as of 14th Aug 2009. Please advise how we can upgrade the themes to match the unified rendering version.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Before we even get into the discussion of your particular problem, you should first have a look at OSS note 1164679. SAP_TRADESHOW_PLUS can not be modified using the Theme Editor because we know that we will make incompatible changes to it in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone through the note 1164679 and our intention was never to modify the sap_tradeshow_plus theme. I was just highlighting the point that sap_tradeshow_plus theme is not in the list produced by wd_themes.

Any help or ideas how we can bring the version of unified rendering and themes to the same level. We have a scheduled UAT for one of our major products starting last week of August and the last thing I want to have is the system crash / or dumps because version mismatch between UR and Themes. Please note until so far we haven't had any such issues during our Unit test.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not sure the version mismatch is a huge issue. I checked some of our internal 7.01 and 7.02 systems and they all has some themes that were not as high a release level as the UR. What are the various release levels on your themes? If really concerned about the theme mismatch, you can always enter a support ticket and get confirmation from development.

You might want to consider instead the approach of the new Release-Independent Theme Editor:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502e9e64-585e-2c10-b7b6-b3ba1214f06e

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. The version of UR is 7.11.3.2.0 and all the themes have version 7.0.15.1.0. I was downloading the themes files to try with the release independent theme editor. Idea was to use the themes in the system as against themes provided in the project file.

We haven't faced any issues so far so hopefully it's a not a concern. But any how I will raise a support ticket and get a confirmation.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary