cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Cells in Report Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

according to SAP Documentation http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d7/6b9b41aa6ca309e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

it shall be possible to merge cells within Report Designer. However I have tried it on several ways but was never able to find this functionality.

Also I can not find many other of those cell properties described in the link above. Woeking with Frontend Patch 7, Revision 61

Any help is highly appreciated.

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192365
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI. I am able to merge cells in the Report Designer by selecting multiple cells, and then selecting 'Merge Cells' from the context sensitive menu. I am using the latest SP for ABAP, JAVA, and front-end.

An alternative to merging cells is merging texts within one cell. This will often do.

Regards,

József.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just downloaded Support Package 14, patch 1 - And I can see where I now have "link cells" and "unmerge cells" available in the format bar. However, no matter what I do, it is grayed out. I also do not have it available in the context menu. Has anyone been successful at merging cells? Please let me know if there is anything else I need, or where I can find a detailed procedure.

Thank you!

Elaine

KarimM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

the Documentation may already contain features that will be available in the future.

Unfortunately, due to technical reasons the Report Designer does not support merging cells.

Regards, Karim

KarimM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

merging cells is now available with FEP 14.

Best regards,

karim