Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Business System with or with out Logical System If so, which Log system

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm in confuse with the Logical System when creating a Business System in SLD.

Our requirement is LEGACY -- PI/XI -- ECC.

When I create Business sytem in SLD, I need to give a Logical System. Which system (Is it xi/pi or ECC ) Logical System to be provided?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yadav,

For the legacy system you can create a third party business system and you dont need a logical system for this.

But for ecc create a business system and give a logical system name (which usually would be the business system name and client number) which will be the same you define in ECC also.

Please check this threads for some more inforamtion:

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Done

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yadav,

-->While perofming Idoc to File scenario you no need to maintain any logical system name for the business system of your Target system.

-->While doing File To Idoc Scenario you need to maintain the Logical system name for both sender and receiver.

-->If the business system is an SAP system obvioulsy we will maintian the Logical system name.

--->refer the below conversation between me and Rajesh.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> I'm in confuse with the Logical System when creating a Business System in SLD.

> Our requirement is LEGACY -- PI/XI -- ECC.

>

> When I create Business sytem in SLD, I need to give a Logical System. Which system (Is it xi/pi or ECC ) Logical System to be provided?

>

> Thanks.

if you are using File to IDoc scenario then need to define logical systems for both business systems you are going to create for

i.e they will be used as sender and receiver partners in case of logical systems

if need more details check the below blog

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/03/16/unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

check the same for how logical system are used in this case...

note above will be helpful in case of only idoc scenario..else no need of creating logical systems even though target sysstem is ECC

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pothana ,

When I create Business sytem in SLD, I need to give a Logical System. Which system (Is it xi/pi or ECC ) Logical System to be provided?

-

> for third party business system is not required . But definitely for ECC you need to create business system with the client you want to exchange the data .

Regards,