cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doc rename/ copy folder stcruture/workstation application.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

i have few questioon:

1. How to stop the users to rename the file while downloading from the DMS server

2. folder strcuture: how to copy:???

i made a folder structur, for a project..............now i have one more project, now i want to copy the folder structure of the earlier project...............(only folder str ....no documents to follow)...how to do this?

3. for workstation application: how can i use "define template for orginal file": here, what is source file and wht is source document...........................................need more clarify here........

REGARDS

SURYA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. DC30, Set flag, You can't Rename temaprory files.

3. In the IMG activity Define workstation applications in network, you enter the data carrier type (for example, PC with Windows NT operating system), the workstation application (for example, Microsoft Word), and:

The path for finding the source file in the file manager

An entry for application type 2 (change), so that you can copy the original application file of the previous document version.

or example, you can create a source file in application Microsoft Word to store a letter that already contains certain data (such as sender, address, and other text elements) and a style sheet.

Whenever you create a new original application file in Microsoft Word from a document info record of the selected document type, the data in the source file is copied to the new original application file, where you can edit it. weiter bearbeitet werden.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have set, this indicator (dont rename file)

still its happening.............................anymore checks i have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Implemented SAP notes 948177 and 967839 which brings a tighter file format check into your system.

I would recommend you to test the behavior if you set the 'Do not rename temporary files' flag in transaction DC30.

This will lead to the behavior that the file name is not changed if you check out or display the original file.

Maybe this could also help to avoid that the original filname is changed or corrupted.

Benakaraj

??P

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

1. Under "define workstation applications" there is an option to dissallow renaming of temporary. This may work for you if I understand your question correctly.

2. Not sure how this can be done. CV13 allows you to update the document structure, maybe there is a copy option here... I tried to find it but couldn't.

3. Over here you can define a source DMS document as a template when creating an original file for the specifiied app type / doc type combination. Once you have done this, in the DIR original files section click the "create original" button and then select "create with template (F5)" option.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Lashan