cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adapter not picking the file ABCD.PRN extension file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Am doing File to Abap Proxy scenario. My source will be in text format of fixed length of fileds 7.

My souce file will be generated by a third party machine with the extension EEE150809.PRN. In my scenario my file adapter should pick the file and update the same in ECC via a Proxy.

I have configured the Sender File adapter with Message Protocol - Content Conversion but file adapter is not picking the file. I have checked the Communication channel and status is fine. But the same Communication Channel works for .XML file.

What are the parameters that I have to consider with the file extension .PRN using File adapter?

Thanks.

S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.PRN extension does not matter actually. When you use FCC, check if you facing any error in Communication channel monitoring.

When using FCC, use Processing type as Text.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Kindly mention how your problem was resolved as others might refer to your post in future.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

You dont need to worry about the extension when picking the file. You can try using EEE* so that is picks all the files starting with EEE. If you have the fixed name then you can try giving EEE150809.*. Also EEE150809.PRN should not have any issue. Try to see in sender commu ication cahnnel for anyerrors. Probably there might be some network issues or authorisation issues. If you are reading with NFS then ask them to give necessary permissions. If you are reading through FTP check the user id and pwd you are using.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the immediate response.

No doubt that having the problem with File system. Since the other interfaces are working fine. Am sure that no auth's issue.

But, am i done any mistake in FCC parameters. Not sure. Can you please check and advise?

FCC

File access Parameters

Source directory ://ram011a/XI

File Name :EEE140809.PRN

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Try changing the forward slash to backslash and give a try.

Try to put the file in a folder where any of your current interfaces are working and try to read the file. If ok then put back in the same folder and give a try.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to from my side, check if your sender agreement is configured correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarna ,

1. Make sure that the file name is same : EEE140809.PRN ....and that too in capital letters

2. are you picking the files for other interfaces from the same directory ?

Regards