cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configured the CUP according to the guide but I am not receiving the notifications as soon as the SPM request is created.

The SMTP server has the right email server and I am using a valid email ID and after reading through one other string about the redirecting URL , I updated it with some dummy information and saved it successfully.

Scheduled the background job for email dispatcher with the option to run it as other but it does not accept the seconds less than 3600 and the job is not invoking as soon as the request is submitted instead it is running at its own time and when it does send the email ithe link does not open the request but tries access the dummy link.

I am not sure how to change the invoke time for the email dispatcher and email Reminder ?

why is it trying to access the dummy link ? How do I fix this ?

Farah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farah,

What SP are you one? Remove the dummy link information from the SMTP server screen then you will start getting right link in the email. Also change the notification settings from miscellaneous section then you will be able to change the email dispatcher job time.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

We are on supp pk 6.

Your suggestion helped me resolve the problem and the batch job is sending the notification as soon as I submit the request.

Thanks,

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farah,

Remeber that you have to setup the e-mail in the Visual Admininstrator Tool, then you´ll be able toi receibe e-mail notifications.

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

I did not read anywhere in the config guide about the setting up of the email notififcation in the Visual Admin Tool.

Can you walk me through the process or direct me to the documentation that describes it.

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, Farah. CUP does not require you to configure Email in visual admin tool. RAR requires you to configure SMTP server in visual admin. Can you upgrade to latest SP (SP8 Patch1)? It may resolve your issues.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)