cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Portal Theme for a Web Dynpro ABAP Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've created a web-dynpro abap application that I display on one of my portal pages using a Web-dynpro iView.

Somehow, the WDA app never reads the portal theme properties and has the default SAP roadshow theme colors. I've tried almost everything including passing the theme as an application parameter using WDTHEMEROOT and WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET params.

Documentation states that the application should automatically read the portal's theme, but it never does.

Interestingly, I have one more web-dynpro java application that works fine and uses the portal theme correctly.

Am I missing anything? Are there special considerations for WDA apps to adapt to the current portal theme?

Any ideas, suggestions, solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Am I missing anything? Are there special considerations for WDA apps to adapt to the current portal theme?

What are the release and support package levels of both your ABAP system and your portal? If the ABAP AS has a later release or SP level than the portal, the Web Dynpro framework will always fall back to using the theme of the backend ABAP system. This is to protect the application rendering. Running with a theme (CSS and JavaScript) from an older release or support package level could cause the application to render incorrectly.