cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need input on Approval Process via hand held devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need inputs on the given scenario. We have implemented Quotation Management (VA21) for our client. The quotation goes through various levels of approval (or decline) via the Workflow below it is finally given to the customer.

Users usually logs into SAP and approves (or decline) the quotation via the SAP Inbox. We have designed multiple decision process on the work item in the inbox. Alternatively users can also log in to Enterprise portal, which has been designed for them, to act on the quotation. Users are notified in their outlook mail about action that needs to be taken on the quotation.

Now user wants to have the decision process to be implemeted as such that they can take action (approve/reject) via hand held devices (viz Blackberry). We are using ECC 6 and also have Enterprise Portal EP 7EHP1. Owing to cost constraint, client cannot implement SAP CRM Solution.

If anyone of you has implemented such methodolgies or have worked on such solutions request you to get back to me with details regards to the timelines and cost and the desired process.

Regards,

Jayant

Edited by: jayant vikram on Aug 15, 2009 2:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

peter_norris
Explorer
0 Kudos

You could acquire software (e.g. 3i Mobile Workplace or similar) that could handle the decision processing with little effort.

If you wish to build a solution then the time/cost will depend on the complexity of the task visualization. You can create a Java client or use a simple HTML based web app.

The decision task can be visualized using a custom BSP or WebDynpro application. Communication with the BlackBerry could be via RIM push or you could just send an email with a link to your approval application.

The app would need to reserve the workitem and then complete the decision using the appropriate SAP_WAPI* RFC's.

Bear in mind that all the above assumes you are distributing the approval tasks within your corporate network supported by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and MDS.

One of the bigger issues when using web apps is authentication. By default a web app requires the user to log on using their SAP user ID and password. Using a network user ID and password or using silent authentication is possible but requires more effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jayant vikram ,

I have developed LeaveApproval process for BlackBerry.

In which area u need help.

Regards,

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I need help in creating approval process for quotations (VA21).

Regards,

Jayant

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos