cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Text Information !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a quick question on the maintenance of the Text at Customer master records. The question in paint here is that;

1. Can we use bring the free text maintained at Customer master level in the different reports like SQVI, ABAP reports?

2. Is there any standard report by which you can pull the text maintained at customer master level (General, Accounting and Sales area text)?

Please do let me know and if yes can you please provide me the transaction code and data base tables for this.

Thanks and best regards,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

For Special Instructions Text in Customer master sales area data

Use table STXH

Pass the below information

ID(TDID)-------------------------------0002

Text Object(TDOOBJECT)----KNVV

Short Title1(TDMACODE1)----VD01SAPMF02D

Pick the text name values (TDNAME)

Goto Functional Module { Read_Text } ,

Input ID as -----0002

language----------EN

Name from above STXH table(TDNAME)

Object KNVV

Execute

Magic

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phong

once text determination completed these will be stored in the object types in the tables.

1.a. Texts are stored in pool tables there is no direct access to it. so we cannot use in the said reports.

2.a. there is no any standard report on the same.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Texts in SAP are always stored as objects and are not available directly in any table.

So SAP has given the function module read_text that helps fetch the text for the text object.

So if you are talking of Customer master Central text, then the Object type is KNA1.

If it is Customer master Sales Text, then Obj type is KNVV.

With these object types and your text ID that you would create, you have to pass these values in the function module (you can test that as described by another reply) and then you can see the text.

If you use a direct SQVI using some table joins, you wont be able to read it. It would need some coding even in a query to be able to read texts.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

I believe table KNA1 will give you the exact information you need.

former_member246371
Participant
0 Kudos

Please check is you are able to find the required text information from table STXH,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chittaranjan for your reposne on this, I don't know how can we use that STXH table.

The understanding I am looking by posting this thread is that,

- Can we use the text maintained at Customer Master in the SAP reports or Queries? and

- What data table does text stored at customer master.?

Regards,

Sandy

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sandy,

Get your ABAPer involved. Need to check out function group STXD and I believe function module READ_TEXT. They should be able to draft a program off this to read text. We had to do similar exercise and it worked well. Revert back if you need more.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks for stepping and coming out with the your suggestions. Cna you please be more descriptive and informative here on the understanding.

I have a questions asked by business to me that they want to maintain some text at customer master which I can provide by using text determination but the iossue is i don't know which table does it sits into and whether if i have generate areport or run SQVI, how can I pull that information. Any thoughts.

Regards,

Sandy

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sandy,

I will give you example using function module READ_TEXT. You can test this by running this in SE37, hit the test icon. Parameters to be filled in as follows ...

-> Client, e.g. 010

-> ID, the text ID in your text procedure, e.g. 0001 or Z001, etc.

-> Language, e.g. EN

-> Name, e.g. the text name, can find this in table STXH-TDNAME, in my example it was the customer number, e.g. 0000105036

-> Object, e.g. closely tied to the 'Name', in this example as I was dealing with customer text at general data level, e.g. KNA1 (table)

The result here is that I am asking the function module to read text object 0001 associated with customer 105036 at the general data level of the customer for language key EN.

So, need to understand what level you have your text stored at. General data (KNA1)? Company Code (KNB1)? or Sales Area (KNVV). This will define your 'Object'. You can pick up the text ID from your text procedure, and you will no the text name via the customer number. You can double check most of this in table STXH first before you test example in the function module.

Once you have working example, you could then relay spec to your ABAP team to build program with selection screen that runs this function module. I do not think you can achieve any of this via SQVI or SQ01. There are calls to includes inside of the function module, and I believe these includes are performing the reading and converting the 'Data' in table STXL.

Review with your ABAPer, and let me know if you need more. Just revert back.

Thanks,

Jay