cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC - Exporting rules from GRC - how to read the .txt file generated ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using GRC Compliance Calibrator and have downloaded the default Global rules defined in Compliance Calibrator using the Rule Architect -> Utilities->Export rules.

This gave me a massive txt file with a lot of tables and data. Reading through this forum, I did figure out that lines starting with M are the header rows for the tables and D rows are the data rows.

My question is, how do i figure out what each of the Virsa tables stand for (e.g. VIRSA_CC_FUNCACT, VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM) ?

I tried SE11 and looking up these tables in the SAP environment associated with this CC install, however it says that the table was not found.

Could someone please point me to :

A) A list of the common Virsa CC tables and their descriptions ?

OR

B) How can i find what these tables stand for online or in the SAP environment?

Many thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These tables are not part of SAP backend system so there is no use of running SE11 and checking the table information. All the tables reside in your Java Front-end (NW) database.

You should check with SAP on description of all the tables.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Here are the common Virsa tables

VIRSA_CC_CONFIG : store config data of RAR

VIRSA_CC_GENOBJ: all sync data

VIRSA_CC_SAPOBJSYS: upload objects (SU24 data)

VIRSA_CC_ACTRULE : action rules

VIRSA_CC_PRMRULE : permission rules

VIRSA_CC_PRMVL: permission violation, used for mgt reports

VIRSA_CC_SYSTEMC: connectors detail

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My client has created his own ruleset and has created functions and risks in that ruleset, and is quite happy with it. This is in their DEV box.

Their management has decided that they won't be using the delivered SAP ruleset in their production GRC box, and so I need to be able to extract only the ruleset that they've created.

I tried to export the rules, and found that the downloaded file has a lot of data that seems to indicate that the global ruleset has been downloaded in addition to the custom rules.

So I created a new logical system and associated the custom rules to that system while making sure that the global rules are not associated with the new logical system, and then downloaded rules only for that new logical system. However, on examination I found that the extract appeared to contain all the rules.

Do you know a good approach to this problem?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

There is no option available to export only the customized rule sets to another system. The export rules option will give all the rules that are available in that system.

You can do in the below manner

a) Extract the data from Export rules

b) Open that text file in a spreadsheet and edit the spreadsheet [Remove the rule sets & the rules not required in production system]

c) Save the spreadsheet in UTF-8 text file

d) Upload them in the production.

The above procedure is bit complex and cumbersome -as changing the text file is risky. Even a space will not generate any rules in the RAR. I would suggest rename the new rule set in different naming convention and upload in your test environment before uploading the text files in Production.

But, using the Export and Import option you cannot upload only the customized rule set as the extract happens for the entire rules sets available in the system.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K