cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ContentMaster engine re-start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Any idea if CM engine can be re-started alone without re-starting the J2EE server? Since CM engine is a separate entity on top of J2EE server, I feel this can be achieved, but I am not too sure.

If anyone is aware of this, please let me know. I will highly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Neetesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you only want to restart the content master engine you can do go ahead and do it without doing the whole j2ee engine. But if you deploy the files developed in content master in the j2ee engine, then it asks for a j2ee restart because only after restart only your deployment will be complete.

Also worth taking a look at this document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/43/fc3b196bfb025ee10000000a1553f7/CMSap.pdf

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you please let me know how the re-start can be done for CM engine alone?

I have gone through all the related documents from Itemfield / Informatica / SAP and none talks about this issue.

Thanks,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions folks?

I haven't added any new files as such. I created a backup for an existing service. At run-time, the CC throws an error that there are duplicate services available.

So, I deleted the old service.

Complete Cache refresh was also done to make this work.

I am aware of the fact that the duplicate service error can cause the CM engine go down. And re-starting the PI server will resolve this (in fact, I did this last weekend). But now I am interested to know how I can re-start the CM engine alone, without re-starting the PI server.

Thanks in advance,

Neetesh