0 Kudos

Hi,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please help me to find out if there is any way to generate cost reports at operations level in the maintenance work orders? Either in R/3 or in BI?

I work for an oil and Gas company and we have ECC 6.0 with SP3 installed. We use CATS time entry for company empoyees and Service Entry for contractors work force.

Thanks in advance!

Ramesh Vora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Since the cost for Maintenace order is only collected at the header level and not at the operational level, there are no standard reports that would give you this functionality.

You could however develop your own custom reports if reference operation number has been captured at all the cost entries.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimhan,

Thanks for your reply. I believe that if cost is captured at operations level at the time of entry, certain info cubes can be activated to generate cost reports and i don't have more info on that. Also. as I mentioned earlier, we use service entry to capture contractor's time and in our system, service entry doesn't allow to enter time or cost at operations level, it goes at WO header level. I was wondering if there is any work around for this issue.

Thans for your time again,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

I am guessing those info cubes will only be populated, if Operational level costing has been activated in ECC 6.0 or it may just be the activity cost(Not necessarily the operation cost). This is because in standard, cost on the maintenance order is ONLY CAPTURED at Header level.I don't think you have operational level costing activated.

You could create your custom reports for time entry by capturing the operation number is any one of the unused fields and then using it for collecting the cost at operational level. The same can be done for service entry sheet. You could use a unused field (Ex: Reference number) to capture the operation number and use the same for your reporting needs.

You may have to do the same for other cost capturing objects like gods movements, Po's and Overheads(Just split the entire ovehead and apply it across the Operation).

Using proper validations on save of various transactions and implementing a custom report it is possible to get the same.However, unless you activate operational level costing you wont be able to get any standard reports.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Make the logic such that you use AFVV table for each operation level .

Then use following table for for your logic desired logic to get the results at R/3 or BI.

Technical Objects -

> IFLO,ITOB, EQUI

Maint Orders----

> AUFK,AFVV,AUFM,AFPOAFVC

Reservation & Conf----

>RESB,AFRU,REUCK

Materila Document -

>MSEG,

PR----

>EBAN,EBKN

PO----

>EKPO,EKKO

SES----

>ESSR

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh Chandra and Narsimhan,

thanks a lot for your time. Much appreaciated. I have tried to award points to both of you.

Ramesh