cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Related Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is Flat file to XML file. I am picking the file through NFS and sending the file to target folder through FTP server.

After the file moved to the target folder, my client wants to move that same file to some other folder, is it posssible ?

If yes how ?

I am not sure its possible by using OS command.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are Ok with transferring the file to two folders simultaneously, then you may simply add another receiver in the Receiver Determination step.

I am not sure its possible by using OS command.

It is possible. Your script should run with option Run Operating System Command After Message Processing. The script would be just to copy the file from one location to another.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boppana,

You cannot run an OS command in your scenario because you are writing to the FTP location. OS Commands works on XI system or NFS mounted drives only.

Best thing would be as others suggested add another receiver.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish and Prateek,

If I create the another receiver then the file goes to 2 folders, but once placed the file to the first folder they want to move to second folder. (its like a cut a file in the first folder and paste in the second folder).

Their main AIM is file should be in the full format, suppose PI picks the partial file (file is not fully uploaded to the folder) from source folder. then two times the same file picks the PI send to the FTP server. once the file is completely come to the FTP server in one folder they want to move to the another directory.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

In File receiver CC there is an option of "Use Tempoaray File" under tab "Processing". With this it will use temporary file name and wil be rename to original file name only after receiving complete file ( XI take care of this).

Hope this will solve your porblem.

Thanks,

Nilesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Their main AIM is file should be in the full format,

At sender, use Advanced option "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check".

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

Then the design what they want doesnot make sense because if you pick half of the file to your first ftp location, and then you copy to the 2nd location at the end you have half of the file only.

Best design would be to take the approach what NIlesh and prateek have given. Use both the options one in sender and the other in the receiver, which should take care. If you still have doubt then increase the limit in Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check in advanced mode of sender communication cahnnel.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh ,

After the file moved to the target folder, my client wants to move that same file to some other folder, is it posssible ?

---> Client wants the same file to be moved or just want a copy at another place ? If want to move the same file at other place than what is the point in creating the file at first place ?

If yes how ?

---> If just wants a copy than with BPM you can achieve it easily . With out OS level scripts !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please chk Michal's blog for OS command: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Thanks

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Das on Aug 14, 2009 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can do that by just creating the 2communication channels(sender,receiver),1 sender agrement,1 Receiver determination,

1,interface determination,1,receiver agrement.

Don't create anything the IR..(no datatypes,no message types,no interface,mappings)

u can put the file u have in other location...

I hope this will solve ur problem