cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Indexer Issue !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange issue. I have two MDM servers one is installed on my local machine (Windows Platform) and another MDM server on Client Machine (Unix Platform). When i open MDM Indexer for any of my local machine repository, Indexer is working fine ( I am able to see Index value with their Page number in Basic Format) but when i open it for Client Machine (which is on Unix Platform) Index values with page number is coming into XML format. so, i could not able to publish this XML format of index values with page number to adobe in design DTP tool.

I have alredy tried Stylesheet property under tab Index Properties, for this whatever Property i saved (None, Basic, Fancy) Format for Index Values with page Number is same i mean XML Format only. But when i open MDM Indexer for repository which is on my local machine (Windows Platform) i get XML format only when i have this Stylesheet Property None. For Basic and Fancy it is coming in the required format i mean Index value with Page number which i am able to publish on Adobe in design DTP tool.

I don't know where i am going wrong. Am i missing any other setting ? I am using MDM Version 5.5.64.97

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to transfer index from Indexer to InDesign with the new version:

1. With a loaded repository, open the Indexer and create the desired index. Afterwards press on the u201C!u201D button to recalculate the index.

2. Copy the Indexer folder to a temp folder

3. From the temp folder open the RawIndexXML folder. It holds the XML files for the indexes created. Find the last one with the timestamp of the time you recalculate the index.

4. Copy it and place it in the Indexer folder.

5. Open a command shell from the machine where Indexer is installed.

Navigate to the folder where Indexer was placed in the temp folder.

Run the u201CIndexer u2013hu201D (might need to press enter to get the marker again)

Run 'indexer result.xml'

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am glad to hear it is working now.

The indexer is going under some redesign and therefore the process I suggested is currently the way indexes should be created.

Regards,

Hedda Cohen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to transfer index from Indexer to InDesign with the new version:

1. Install the provided Indexer version

2. With a loaded repository, open the Indexer and create the desired index.

Afterwards press on the u201C!u201D button to recalculate the index.

3. Copy the Indexer folder to a temp folder

4. From the temp folder open the RawIndexXML folder. It holds the XML files for the indexes created. Find the last one with the timestamp of the time you recalculate the index.

5. Copy it and place it in the Indexer folder.

6. Open a command shell from the machine where Indexer is installed.

Navigate to the folder where Indexer was placed in the temp folder.

Run the u201CIndexer u2013hu201D (might need to press enter to get the marker again)

Run 'indexer result.xml'

Navigate to the Indexer temp folder. A results.xml file was generated.

7. Open a new document in InDesign.

Select File->Import xml

Select the generated results.xml file

A root pane of the index will show on the left.

Drag the MDM Index parent node into the document

The index will appear.

Styling may be defined as needed

Best regards,

Hedda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hedda

Thank you for the workaround

It works ok

Do you know the answer to the following

1. why does the error happen?

2. is it only related to 7.1.0.53?

3. is there a fix on the way?

This workaround is not easy to spin the right way in an education session to put it mildly.

/Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same issue

I'm only seeing a XML layout both on Unix and windows Layout server

/Kurt

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

There was issue with the MDM indexer. We got some workaround from SAP to create Indexes and fix this issue. Index creation is working Fine now.

Regards,

SHiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shiv

Sounds very good

Is the solution something you could share ?

or please give a link or method to obtain this solution

/Kurt