cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Disclaimer text to standard web dynpro screens in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to add disclaimer text to the standard web dynpro screens of ESS. The disclaimer text is the same for all screens and there are around 20 different screens where I need to put the same disclaimer text on. Can anybody suggest me the best way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI TOM

u can specify this for each and every workset for ESS.

u used the Additional Inforamation text under each workset.

to change the text do the following

In SAP R3 ecc system go to SPRO->IMG->cross application components->Homepage framework->Areas->define areas->double click on define areas->double click on area key

(work set)

under area description tab

u can found following

Area Description heading --->Additional Information

Area Description (long text)--->

u can change both text accoriding to ur requirement and specify <b>The disclaimer text</b> .

this is done for all workset. one modificaton is finish.

relese the created request.

restart the j2ee server.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal,

Thanks for your reply. But this is not exactly what I need. I am sorry for not clearly posting what I really need. I need to add the disclaimer text to the application and not to the Area group page or Area page. For example, if I am going to change the personal address, the screen on which I am changing the address, I need to add an element on the screen that contains the disclaimer text. This text needs to be added on other application screens as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tom,

you can only achieve this by modifying the web dynpro source code.

for this, you have to set up a Netweaver Developer Infrastructure (NWDI) and import the ESS-Sources. then you can modify them (you'll need web dynpro/java skills to do that. it's programming, no customization)

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you tell me how to get the ESS sources from the portal to be able to import them into the NetWeaver Developer Studio?

Thnx in advance,

Freek

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Freek,

check SAP-Notes 872892 and 963118

regards,

Markus

Answers (0)