cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods not getting Determined at the Order Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have activated free goods settings and also maintained free goods master record for exclusive free goods.However when I am entering the main line item the second line item in the sales order which should contain the free qty is not coming,please advice what needs to be done.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Turn on the free goods determination analysis and you'll see exactly what's going on. In the sales document menu Environment -> Analysis ->Free Goods -> On.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for your post with this I could find out what was happening.The following is the analysis once I switched on the free goods determination at the order level and below was the system response.

Diagnosis

There are certain business transactions where it is not possible to

determine free goods in the SAP standard system: reason 3

Explanation of reasons

1 Document category is not from sales order category (VBTYP <> 'C'

2 Lower-level item

3 Bill of material

4 Product selection

5 Configurable item

6 Scheduling agreement/forecast delivery schedule

7 Item with active ingredient management

8 Item without schedule lines

I had found that in my item category the structure scope was marked as A where it was exploding the single level bill of material.Once this configuration was turned blank which is no explosion the free goods were getting determined.

Kind Regards

Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have not done the setting for the item category determination for free goods.

Go to IMG u2013 SD u2013 Basic Functions u2013 Free Goods u2013 Determine item category for free goods item.

Just do the setting over here for the free goods determination then check your sales order again for automatic determination.

If still its not happening then check your setting over here

IMG u2013 SD u2013 Basic Function u2013 Free Goods u2013 Condition technique for Free Goods.

Over here check your setting for the:-

Maintain access sequence.

Maintain condition type.

Maintain pricing procedure.

Activate free goods determination.

Just check out this setting then try again.

If still the problem exist then let us know

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check ,

- whether you specified the exclusive free goods in the condition record or not.

- whether the Pricing date in the Sales order is falling in the Validity period of the condition record.

Otherwise check the Condition technique for the Free goods determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are two type of Free goods determination,

One is Manual free goods and another is automatically free goods determination.

FREE GOODS settings have to be done for Atomatic free goods

For Manual free goods, just you need to maintain the ITEM CATEGORIES VOV4 for TAN item categories

In VOV4 maintain the Sales order + Item category groupusagehiger level item category = default item category as TANN

If you want Automatic free goods then you have to do some settings in SPRO ->SALES & DISTRIBTION->BASIC FUNCTIONS--->PRICING -->FREE GOODS.

There you will find all the settings,

Please maintain all the settings and if you are still getting error please give the error details.

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As you have mentioned I have done all the settings,I am looking to determine the free goods automatically.I have even maintained the condition records for that item which is exclusive under the tcode vbn1 and also activated the free goods determination Basic Functions-Pricing-Condition Technique for Free Goods Determination.

When I enter the material in the first line item,the second line item which is given as free should come automatically and the same is not getting determined at all.Also I have mentioned the item category which is ORNORMTAN=TANN.Please let me know what needs to be done.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> As you have mentioned I have done all the settings

Obviously you have not done all the settings if it still not working. getting a TANN is pretty basic stuff.

Take a step back, deep breath, then go through the standard documentation and revisit the IMG config, you'll find it faster that way.