Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about codepage - croatian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP RFC SDK classic library to connect to a Sap R/3 4.7 (non-unicode) server from a Windows app. I use Windows-1250 encoding to construct the string from byte values received and I am getting some wrong characters.

My app does:

1.Invoke a Custom RFC using the SAP RFCSDK Unicode library(classic).

2. What the custom RFC does: It extracts data from some specified table and populates it in a table type parameter (CHAR data type).

3. I get the return param, convert it to string using the Windows encoding corresponding to the partner encoding (in this case I use Windows-1250 corresponding to 1401).

What I observe is:

Some characters are not converted properly. The reason is Windows-1250 directly maps to the 1404(Front end codepage), whereas the value that I am getting is encoded in 1401(backend codepage)

For eg. Z caron character, the value I am expecting is 0x8e, whereas I am getting 0xAE. And I can see in the SAP table (TCP02), zcaron is represented as 0x8e in 1404 and 0xAE in 1401.

Question:

To get the correct characters in my windows app, do I have to convert the data fetched from the backend codepage to the frontend codepage and then use the Windows encoding to get the characters? If so, How can I achieve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeevitha

1 REPLY 1

shay_oberziger
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jeevitha,

You did not mentioned the system code page that might be releated to the problem.

You can refer to note 843753 for blended system code page like '6100'. The note describe a similar problem.

If your system has blended code page you can try the suggested workaround.

Best regards,

Shay Oberziger

Solution Management

Globalization Services